Exciting Career Opportunity at EduSpots Ghana
ROLE: Regional Coordinator
EduSpots is a UK and Ghanaian-registered charity that connects, trains and equips volunteer community educators to create transformative literacy and STEM opportunities through education spaces called ‘Spots’, with a focus on female empowerment and environmental action. We are building a movement of community-based changemakers.
Since 2016, we have helped 50 communities in building and running community-led and owned education spaces called ‘Spots,’ with a strategy to support them in progressing towards our ‘Dream Spot Model,’ by collaborating extensively with over 250 local volunteers. We are working on a paradigm for a community-led education space with associated network interaction that could have global applications.
Our 16-person Ghanaian team works entirely part-time and remotely to create collaborative learning opportunities through our Ignite and Community Leadership in Development (CLEd) Programmes, which include training to lead our EduLit, EduSTEM, EduKidz, and Ignite Girls clubs, as well as locally designed education projects, reaching over 15,000 students of all ages each year. Our 2022 Impact Report can be seen here.
We are in an exciting stage of development. We were named a finalist for the Their World Scale-Up Innovation Prize after winning the Tes International Award in 2018 and the Big Give Supporters’ Choice Award in 2022. Our Founder was a Finalist in The Varkey Foundation’s $1 million Global Teacher Prize, which was endorsed by UNESCO, in 2021, in part because of her involvement in founding EduSpots.
We are optimistic about the future. For further information, go to www.eduspots.org.
About this position
The candidate will play an important position on the EduSpots staff, overseeing Spots in Ghana’s Central and Western Regions. As a Regional Coordinator, you will play a critical role in the development and implementation of systems, tools, and procedures that improve local Spot operations while aligning with the Dream Spot Model and our larger organizational goals. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a significant difference by assisting communities, encouraging volunteerism, and pushing good change in education.
Principal roles and duties
- Contribute to the development and implementation of local Spot operations systems, tools, and procedures in accordance with the Dream Spot Model and organizational development.
- Assist communities in forming Spot committees and recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Aid communities in creating fundraising and collaboration initiatives.
- Assist all Spots in their respective Regions with mentorship.
- Support staff and volunteers by planning and overseeing the successful implementation of monthly challenges through the Spot Operations leadership program.
- Conduct bi-annual visits to Spots, interacting with volunteers and stakeholders and delivering full reports to management and the team.
- Work with the Head of Operations to help volunteers apply for, receive, and report on Spot development funding.
- Contribute to the production of stories highlighting new EduSpots communities or Spots.
- Aid in the monitoring and evaluation of Spot activities and operations, which may include the development and testing of an EduSpots app.
- Assist in the planning of regional and national volunteer training activities.
- Observe, review, and analyze processes throughout EduSpots and Spots, identifying inefficiencies and recommending solutions to the team.
- Support the safeguarding strategy’s execution by verifying Spot compliance and reporting any problems to the safeguarding leads.
- This job description will be evaluated on an annual basis and may be amended or modified at any time in agreement with the postholder. It is not a comprehensive list of procedures and activities, but it does outline the role’s core expectations.
Required Qualifications or Experience
We are seeking someone who possesses the following qualities:
- At least two years of community development experience is required.
- A strong dedication to EduSpots’ goal, vision, and values.
- Experience in community development, volunteer management, and fundraising is required.
- Excellent organizational and project management abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
- The ability to effectively mentor and support personnel and volunteers.
- Experience with process monitoring and evaluation.
- Working in a dynamic and diversified workplace requires flexibility and adaptability.
- Knowledge of schooling is advantageous, especially in a community-based system.
- An understanding of safeguarding concepts and the competence to verify compliance are required.
- Multitasking and prioritization skills
- Strong IT expertise and basic design abilities are required, as well as a willingness and capacity to learn.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
- A sincere dedication to educational justice and community-led transformation
- Strong operational abilities, as well as good organizational and time management abilities.
- Proactive and capable of working in an impact-driven atmosphere to maintain a high degree of performance with minimal supervision
- Solid communication skills, the capacity to develop solid working connections with people from all backgrounds, and an openness to new ways of working are required.
- A team player who believes in the significance of collaborative learning methodologies.
- A deep personal connection to the purpose, vision, and values of EduSpots
- Working experience with an education NGO or in education in general.
- Working experience in a multicultural team
- Volunteer experience and dedication.
- A bachelor’s degree
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at EduSpots Ghana
Please send a bespoke cover letter and CV to Miss Cat Davison, Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 4th December 2023.
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED