January 11th, 2024 at 04:40 pm
Cruise Ship Jobs in Canada for Foreigners 2024 ($19.50 per hour)
Following a two-year break caused by COVID-19, cruise ships are now returning to Canada’s ports. The demand for jobs in the cruise ship sector is currently very strong everywhere, but it is especially high in Canada where outdoor culture and tourism are at an all-time high. The cruise industry in Canada is mostly active in the summer. Wintertime causes ships to turn in a different direction.
One of the biggest employers of Canadian cruise ships is Holland America Line. According to USA Today, Holland America Line sent 250,000 people to Canada on 141 cruises on eight ships in 2022 alone. Owing to the massive volume of personnel, Holland America Line is continuously in need of hiring individuals with a variety of skill levels. With up to 70 different nationalities represented on board our ships, Holland America Line offers an unparalleled chance for you to immerse yourself in a distinctive global workplace.
There are hundreds of various job titles at Holland America Line. Below is a list of a handful of them from CampusLifestyle.org. We are looking for a trustworthy and friendly cruise ship attendant to work as part of our hospitality crew and provide excellent customer service. It will be your duty to ensure that the accommodations you have been assigned are adequately stocked, maintained, and serviced. You should also be able to immediately and courteously respond to the queries and grievances of guests.
Responsibilities of Cruise Ship Jobs in Canada
- Welcoming guests and responding to inquiries.
- Next, make mattresses and change the bedding.
- Third, replacing soiled towels as well as other toiletries like soap and shampoo.
- Also, cleaning and mopping the ground.
- Aside from that, vacuuming carpets, dusting, and polishing furniture.
- In addition, clearing out ashtrays and trash cans.
- Moreover, refilling the minibar with new food and drink items.
- Additionally, cleaning public spaces like hallways.
- Besides that, reporting any maintenance needs and technical issues.
- Similarly, altering the assignment sheet’s guest room status.
- Lastly, return and replenish the cleaning cart at the end of the shift.
Benefits of Cruise Ship Jobs in Canada
- Possibilities for Travel: One of the biggest benefits is having the freedom to explore new places and travel. The crew of cruise ships is often afforded the chance to visit different ports of call and experience different cultures.
- Cultural Exposure: Working on a cruise ship gives people the chance to connect with guests and crew members from a variety of backgrounds, which exposes them to a multicultural setting.
- Lucrative Salary: Some cruise ship positions come with lucrative wages in addition to tips and bonuses.
- Meals and Accommodations: Cruise ship employees typically receive free meals and accommodations while they are on board, which saves them a significant amount of money.
- Career Advancement and Skill Development: To help employees grow in their professions and acquire new skills, cruise companies regularly fund employee training and development initiatives.
- Possibilities for Networking: Working on a cruise ship provides the chance to make contacts with people all over the world, both crew and guests. This can be helpful for future job openings.
- Adventure and Variety: Cruise ship employees are known for their thrills and diversity. Regular opportunities for workers to work in different parts of the ship give their everyday tasks more diversity.
- Insurance and Healthcare: Some cruise companies provide health insurance to their employees, and those who work on cruise ships have access to onboard medical services.
- Time Off in Port: Depending on their role, employees may be eligible for time off in various ports of call, which gives them the chance to go to and experience new places.
- Tax-Free Income: Depending on the tax laws of their home country, some employees on cruise ships may be able to receive pay without paying taxes.
- Camaraderie and Community: The crew members of a cruise ship have a strong sense of community because they live and work together. This sense of camaraderie may be especially appealing to people who like a supportive and social work environment.
- Adventure Lifestyle: For individuals seeking a non-traditional career path, working on a cruise ship may be a compelling chance to combine work and travel.
Requirements for Cruise Ship Jobs in Canada
- Preferred: high school diploma.
- Also, prior experience in cleaning or guest services.
- Moreover, familiar with industrial cleaning equipment and materials.
- In addition, flexible work schedules
- Aside from that, able to perform to high standards while requiring little to no supervision.
- Similarly, physical stamina and flexibility.
- Besides that, the aptitude to adhere to directions.
- Lastly, kind and competent.
In a variety of places, including hotels, restaurants, parking garages, outdoor facilities, and retail stores, attendants carry out a range of customer support and service activities. They provide information, help customers, and ensure that the company is operated properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a Canadian be employed by a cruise liner?
We hire people for practically every position on a cruise ship, including nurses and other medical professionals in addition to hotel and beverage crew. The following are the most popular roles that we are constantly seeking candidates for: managers of boutique employees cooks.
What is the salary of cruise ship employees in Canada?
In Canada, the average income for a cruise ship employee is $38,025 per year or $19.50 per hour. The starting salary for entry-level positions is $34,135 annually, while the majority of experienced workers earn up to $47,650.
What conditions must be met to enter Canada via cruise ship?
U.S. and Canadian citizens must have a valid passport*, a U.S. passport card, a trusted traveler card (like Nexus, Sentri, or FAST), or an enhanced driver’s license (available in several states) to board a cruise ship bound for Alaska, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, New England, the Caribbean, or Mexico.
Get the most up-to-date information on visa-sponsored jobs, prospective pathways to permanent residency, work permits, and visa application processes with us on Newsnowgh.com.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED