Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Ghana is presently implementing a number of programmes aimed at improving the lives of children and youths, especially girls, across the regions of Ghana. The role of the Communication and Media Coordinator is critical to ensure the visibility of the actions and impact of Plan International Ghana’s work, the role will also support behavior change and community engagement actions.
Dimensions of Role:
- Reporting to the Communication Specialist, the Communication & Media Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of Communication, Information and Media related activities within Programme Impact and Influencing Areas.
- She/he will be responsible for the internal, external, and social media communications implemented in these areas.
- S/he will work in close collaboration with Project Managers, Project Teams and implementation partners to ensure close supervision, follow up and reporting of response activities through diversified communication tools and outlets.
- The Communication and Media Coordinator’s responsibilities will be to maximise positive media coverage and fundraising opportunities and support accountability to key stakeholders as well as development work, in the Programme Area.
- S/he shall also supervise the quality production of Information Education and Communication materials, and the quality branding of all realizations and activities
Qualification and Experience
- University Degree in Journalism, Communication or equivalent experience
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience working in journalism, communications, media, or Public Relations
- Strong understanding of print, radio, television and online media
- Good photography and filming skills;
- Additional technical skills are desirable, including proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or photo-editing software and movie-editing software such as Adobe Premier
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with or in collaboration with an NGO or UN agency, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Experience as a spokesperson
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to operate effectively in stressful situations, including working overtime.
- Gender awareness and cultural sensitivity.
- Good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan International’s values and principles;
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly click on the link below to apply
Closing Date: 7th March 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED