Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations.
Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high-quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together.
We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
The overall goal of the upcoming Strengthening Accountability in Ghanas Education Systems activity is to strengthen the accountability of the Ministry of Education (MoE) and its agencies and School Management Committees (SMCs) for improved education services and outcomes, using a behavioral science approach.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for technical leadership, administrative oversight, and overall coordination of the project.
The COP will serve as the principal institutional liaison with USAID and key stakeholders. The COP will manage staff and ensure that the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements, as well as ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the activity.
The COP should have demonstrated the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines and budgets.
They will ensure the project complies with award terms and conditions, USAID policies and regulations, and that systems are in place to mitigate the risk of fraud, waste, and abuse.
The COP will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders.
Ghanaian nationals are encouraged to apply.
The candidate for the position of Chief of Party shall have at a minimum the following qualifications :
A Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in education, development studies, public administration, or a related field from an accredited university.
Skills and Experience :
- A minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible experience in education, implementing internationally funded development programs, or other relevant technical areas;
- At least five (5) years in a senior management or leadership position;
- Experience leading policy dialogue, strategic planning, and implementation efforts;
- Strong management skills, leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, cross-cultural skills, and written and oral presentation skills;
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded projects and strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development and professional development is preferred; and
- Prior work experience in Ghana is preferred.
Fluency in English is required.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 31, 2022
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
JOBS VACANCIES AVAILABLE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED