APPLY NOW|| Ashesi University Job Opening
Ashesi’s mission is to propel an African renaissance by educating ethical, entrepreneurial leaders. Located in Ghana, this private, non-profit university combines a rigorous multidisciplinary core with degree programs in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, and Engineering.
A student-led honor code, integrated community service, diverse internships, and real-world projects prepare students to develop innovative solutions for the challenges facing their individual communities, countries, and the continent at large.
POSITION: Content Writer
The University Communications Office at Ashesi oversees and coordinates external communications efforts at Ashesi and guides the creation and use of content across the University’s different communication channels. Working with various Ashesi community members, the Communications Office helps tell stories about the University and its people through multiple media – photography, video, audio, and writing.
The Content Writer will be an Ashesi ambassador who helps create accurate and creative content across channels, including print, digital, video, and audio. The selected candidate will work with various members of the Ashesi community – faculty, staff, students, and alumni – to identify compelling stories that will be translated for our website and into scripts for podcasts.
- You are passionate about storytelling through clear, compelling, concise writing and multi-channel distribution.
- You are curious, know how to sniff out a good story, and have the relationship-building skill to engage different stakeholders to get it told with creativity.
- You meet people where they are and can tell anyone’s story regardless of their perspective. You make people feel comfortable and confident in sharing their stories and tell those stories with tact.
- You understand how to speak to various audiences and can successfully modify writing based on speaker, channel, or use-case.
- You have a strong knowledge of English grammar, usage, and style.
- You have great organization skills, and attention to detail, and can adapt to changing priorities within a deadline-driven environment.
The selected candidate will report to the University Communications Officer and be part of a growing global team of Ashesi storytellers and advocates.
- Contribute to content and stakeholder communication strategy.
- Manage content across the University website, identifying opportunities to strengthen copy across different pages.
- Write and develop multimedia content, including video scripts, questions for documentary-style interviews, podcasts, posters, and others.
- Manage teams of student content creators/interns/volunteers.
- Lead podcasting and other audio content creation efforts within Ashesi’s radio studio.
- Edit and proofread communication material from other university teams as needed.
Qualification and Skills
- A strong portfolio of successful writing in multiple mediums.
- A degree or other credible academic qualification in English, communication, or public relations. Candidates with non-related degrees may apply with demonstrable work and expertise in copywriting, radio/audio script writing and production, and corporate communications.
- Ability to collaborate with other communications leads, student teams, and volunteers to conceptualize and create compelling written and audio stories.
- Ability to conduct research and interviews to inform stories, messaging, and copy.
HOW TO APPLY?
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The closing date of the application is September 2, 2022.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED