Abt Associates Latest Job Advertisement
POSITION: IT Specialist
Abt Associates (Abt) is a mission-driven global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation in the fields of international development, health, and social and environmental policy. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators.
The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries. Serving both the public and private sectors, Abt supports participatory governance processes that empower citizens and promote accountability and transparency across sectors.
Our impact is felt in responsive and inclusive institutions, empowered communities, equitable access to public services, improved mobilization and management of financial resources, and enhanced enabling environments for economic growth and opportunity.
Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified IT Specialist for the Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening (RING II Systems Strengthening). This activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana. RING II Systems Strengthening will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
The IT Specialist will be based in Tamale, Ghana where they will work under direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Director. Additionally, they will report to Abt’s Regional International IT group for technical responsibilities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform desktop and laptop computer support, including performing routine preventive maintenance, installing software patches and upgrades, and troubleshooting hardware or software problems in-person, by phone or using remote access tools.
- Secondly, Track and process all project staff IT Support incidents, requests and tasks using the ServiceNow ticketing tool.
- Thirdly, Manages the project’s computer network, coordinating with Abt IT regional staff and/or vendors, as well as IT staff in the US
- Ensure a stable, consistent office internet connection throughout the site office, report any issues and work with ISP to resolve them.
- Then, Ensure file server backups are completed successfully.
- Maintain ‘Workstation Inventory List’, tracking the physical inventory of all equipment (PC’s, laptops, printers, etc.), and update the Asset Records on Monthly basis on ServiceNow
- Moreover, Provide technical support for the resolution of major outages, network, or system failures such as but not limited to server crashes, firewall failures, virus attacks, etc.).
- Image, reimage, configure, and join Abt laptops to the domain.
- In addition, Create (and update as required) a Disaster Recovery Plan for the office.
- Assist in management of Group Policies and file permissions for project users and groups.
- Thereafter, Ensure each Abt system has valid certificates and up-to-date security tools, and that all staff members adhere to Cyber Security rules and processes.
- Attend and participate in monthly IT conference call with International IT Management (All IT Managers’ Monthly Meeting), 1×1 meetings and any other meetings.
- Identify and communicate process improvements which will allow site staff to increase their efficiency and productivity.
- Afterwards, Monitor relevant logs and perform necessary operations to ensure the proper state of IT systems.
- Finally, Provide basic training to users on MS Office products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer programming, or another IT-related field.
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience in IT network administration in a Windows environment, including internet access support.
- Ability to manage and provide technical oversight to junior programmers and consultants.
- The ability to work well in collaboration with VIPs, executives, stakeholders, and technical advisors.
- Experience in using IT Support Ticketing Tools, ex: ServiceNow.
- Work experience in NGOs or International organizations is a plus.
- Ghanaian citizens strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree or a high school diploma (based on level)
- 2-4 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluency in English
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for this Abt Associates Latest Job Advertisement
Closing Date : 3rd October, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED