University of Manitoba Work-Study – Canada
Candidates who meet the requirements and are interested in participating in the work-study program at the University of Manitoba in Canada are encouraged to submit an application. Students who are in need of financial assistance while they are enrolled in classes at the university can participate in the Work-Study program.
During the academic year, students who are in financial need have the opportunity to find part-time employment on campus through the Work-Study program. Send in your application to be a part of the program so that you can acquire relevant professional experience and skills pertaining to your industry right here on campus.
Information about the University of Manitoba’s work-study program
- Canada’s University of Manitoba is the award’s sponsor.
- Canada’s University of Manitoba is one of the hosts.
- Worth of Scholarship: Funded
- Several awards were given out.
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Student Status: International
In order to qualify for the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada, applicants must fulfill the requirements listed below:
- Prove that you will get at least $2,000 in 2023–2024 government student aid, or that you will be sponsored by an Indigenous band, the Metis Nation, or a disability organization. Please email Work-Study if you are experiencing a delay in obtaining your funds so that we can come up with a solution for your circumstances. (Note: Prior government assistance is not counted; registered educational savings plans, personal bank loans such as credit lines, and/or educational loans are not taken into account with this program.)
- Enroll in both terms (Fall 2023 and Winter 2024) as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Manitoba. The minimal course load for students is 60% or 9 credits per semester for undergraduates. Please get in touch with us if you’re a graduate student so we can assess your eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
- Be in good academic standing, with a 2.0 institutional GPA or higher in the preceding academic year (applicable to returning UM students only).
- Be a Manitoba resident for the duration of the Work-Study job period.
Follow these steps if you’re interested in applying to the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada:
All students need to re-apply for the Work-Study program every year due to financial aid requirements.
- Students must apply to the Work-Study program prior to submitting their applications to specific postings.
- The deadline to apply for the program is on September 12, 2023, at noon.
- Deadline to submit application packages for jobs is on September 14, 2023 at noon.
To apply for Work-Study:
- Register or log-in to your existing UMConnect account.
- On the navigation pane on the left hand side, navigate towards Work-Study then Work-Study Program Application.
- Complete and submit the form for pre-approved Work-Study access. After submitting the form, you will need to click on the “Accept” button on the right hand side under “Action required by you” to view and apply to job postings.
All work-study applicants who have not been previously hired through the work-study program are required to attend one group orientation session. Previously hired Work-Study students are welcome to join the sessions. Sessions will be held via Zoom – if you need any accommodations or are unable to access these workshops, please contact us at email@example.com
This year, we are hosting two online resumé blitz sessions to help you create strong applications! Hiring employers and the Career Services team will be on hand to provide you with tips on how to improve your cover letter and resume. Register for one of the two available dates and take advantage of this opportunity to improve your application.
To register for a session:
- Log in to your UMConnect account.
- On the navigation pane on the left-hand side, navigate towards Work-Study then Events to view group information sessions and other Work-Study events.
- Select the event you wish to register for to view details.
- Select “Register” on the right-hand side of the page.
Step 3: Submit a work-study application
Once you have pre-approved access to the Work-Study module, you will be able to view and apply for 2022-2023 work-study positions.
To apply for a work-study position:
- Log in to your UMConnect account.
- On the navigation pane on the left hand side, navigate towards Work-Study then Job Postings to view current Work-Study postings.
- To apply for a position, click on the Apply button on the right hand side within each posting.
- Upload tailored résumes and cover letters to support your application(s).
The Documents tab within UMConnect lets you upload your documents prior to applying for Work-Study positions. This also stores all your uploaded documents in one place for easy access and safekeeping.
Due to financial aid regulations, every student must reapply for the Work-Study program every year.
Application for work-study:
- Sign up or sign in with your existing UMConnect account.
- Go to Work-Study and then Work-Study Program Application in the navigation window on the left.
- Fill out and submit the application to gain access to Work-Study. You must click the “Accept” button on the right-hand side under “Action required by you” after submitting the form in order to view and apply to job ads.
To the application, you must affix any supporting documentation. This might be a copy of your 2023–2024 financial aid help, sponsorship of an Indigenous band, or funding for a disability.
The deadline for submissions is September 12, 2023
About The Work-Study Program
Apply to the Work-Study program for part-time, on-campus employment throughout the academic year to earn essential work experience and skills relevant to your field right on campus.
Apply for student loans as early as this date to avoid delays
Work-study program re-opens for applications
Aug. 15, 2023 – Sep. 14, 2023: Sign up for and attend a Work-Study orientation session (mandatory for new Work-Study students)
12:00 p.m. (noon) | Deadline to apply for the Work-Study program
12:00 p.m. (noon) | Deadline to submit application packages for Work-Study jobs
Work-Study will release all applications to employers
End date for all work-study positions
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED