Standard Chartered Bank Job Opportunity
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion.
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- To ensure accuracy, relevance, integrity and timeliness of financial information for the purpose of regular reporting of financial results to local and group management.
- To provide support to the Manager, Financial Control and Reporting to ensure financial accounting practices are in accordance with prescribed policies in the FCP.
- To ensure financial control policies are in place and being complied with.
- To assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of Operational Risk within the Unit.
Account Opening / Closure
- Review business need for new account upon request by business unit.
- Ensure businesses provide details such as person responsible for reconciliation and authorization by business head.
- Inform requesting unit when account has been opened.
- Ensure new accounts have owners and update GL Account ownership list.
Ownership of Suspense/General Ledger Accounts
- Ownership must be confirmed on a semi-annually basis in writing.
- Set up a process to ensure all unused GL accounts / Cost centres are escalated for closure.
- Reconciliation of suspense accounts must be confirmed monthly.
- Identify items outstanding beyond their lifespan on Suspense and Sundry accounts and escalate to Manager, FC&R and HFC&R as per the FCP.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of all finance suspense and sundry accounts.
- Ensure the monthly reconciliation of the staff imprest account.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of the fixed assets register to the GL.
- Ensure the escalation of all items beyond their lifespan to the FORG meetings.
- Review the SUN/BM intersystem and the cheque paid account reconciliations.
- Monitor and obtain document for manual entries into TP and P&L a/c.
M7 (Responsible Person)
- To report Unit’s OR Issues and losses to UORM.
- To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management.
- Act as OR Coordinator for the section.
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach.
- To identify and report all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities.
- On a weekly basis review all debits to the income account and ensure they are supported by properly approved vouchers.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the HFC&R or the CFO.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
Click here to read more and apply
Closing Date : 7th June. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED