Head of Information and Technology Needed at BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings.
It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
POSITION: Head of Information and Technology
The Head of Information and Technology, BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd. will be a member of the executive management team, reporting to the CEO and will be charged with defining and driving the execution of the information technology strategy.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Working with other members of the executive management team, contribute significantly to the development of the business strategy.
- Provide strategic and planning input and monitor how operations can be improved to leverage technology innovations, increase critical business drivers, and achieve business objectives such as minimize costs, increase outreach, and maximize uptime and data security.
- Develop the IT strategy and ensure alignment with the overall business
- Co-ordinate and oversee key IT components of business project implementations – banking system rollouts/upgrades and digital financial services channel (e.g., mobile money, DFA) implementations.
- Effectively manage projects from start to finish including needs assessment/evaluation, scope of work creation, contract negotiation, and delivery of consultancies, review and approval of deliverables and invoices, and project closure.
- Maintain high standards of accuracy in the information and advice provided to Board, Executive Management, and employees
Management of the IT Function
- Firstly, Ensure operational integrity of all IT infrastructure (software and hardware)
- Secondly, Participate in various Board and Management Committees as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Thirdly, Oversee the delivery, installation and proper configuration of all new IT infrastructure and upgrades.
- Moreover, Build and present strong business cases for all significant IT investments
- Additionally, Oversee the documentation and application of sound and up-to-date IT principles and ensure compliance with local banking and finance legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Also, Identify IT requirements and ensure that all IT function and activities are fully resourced, budgeted for and performance managed to maximize return on IT investments.
- Then, Act as a technical advisor to Management and all users in all matters relating to IT, applications system improvements, enhancements, or changes by remaining current with new developments in the industry.
- Afterwards, Work with department heads to understand business challenges, objectives, and bottlenecks they face to advise on the use of channels and technologies that could enable the business and provide solutions.
- Finally, Ensure security and compliance requirements are built into all systems to minimize fraud and enhance information security.
Performance Management & Capacity Building
- Set, monitor, and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards, and service agreements.
- Set, monitor and evaluate the performance of all IT staff against agreed performance standards.
- Ensure regular client, supplier and staff satisfaction surveys regarding IT services and takes corrective action.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality service standards to internal and external clients on issues related to IT.
- Participate in new product development initiatives to ensure appropriate IT skills exist to provide technical support.
- Work with HR in establishing an effective and efficient team with the capability to manage and carry out IT roles.
Technology Risk Management
- Develop and maintain a framework for managing cyber and information security risks
- Develop, enforce, monitor, and document housekeeping and security policies and procedures for all technology systems for the purposes of disaster recovery and user security.
- Responsible for ensuring existence of effective IT disaster recovery plans, monitor and enforce regular testing of DR plans.
- Provide effective vendor management to ensure value for money in all IT-related transactions.
- Negotiate terms and conditions for purchases and provides ongoing support with computer hardware, software, telecommunication, and power.
- Develop and maintain an effective change management policy and procedure.
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all levels of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, Computer Studies, Engineering, or related field.
- Master’s Degree in similar field will be of added advantage.
- Business and technical skills in key technology functional areas such as delivery channels, application development, communications technology, financial services technology.
- Passion for, knowledge and understanding of new technologies and digital delivery channels
- Ability to delegate effectively amongst teams and show commitment to the long-term development of team members through coaching, mentoring, and the creation of development opportunities
- Proven ability to drive change through collaboration and influence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Lastly, Disposition to share IT knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the company
- To begin with, At least ten (10) years’ work experience in management of IT within a financial institution (preferably banking) or professional service firms
- Then, At least five (5) years managing core banking (preferably Temenos) and alternate delivery channel systems in a cyber-secured environment.
- Afterwards, Demonstrates progressive information technology management and leadership roles
- Lastly, Experience managing interdisciplinary teams and working in multi-cultural organizations
Employment Type: Regular
Job Location: BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd. Office
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
How to Apply for Head of Information and Technology at BRAC Ghana
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at [email protected]
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 75/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 10 July 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED