- Company: SNV
- Location: Ghana
- State: Takoradi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Ghana
The Western Region Business Development and Market Linkages Advisor will be responsible for facilitating market linkages for start-up entrepreneurs and/or existing MSMEs.
She/he will closely coordinate and work together with the Skills Development Advisors in the GrEEn team, the Energy and Agriculture Advisors in the regional offices, as well as the Incubation/Acceleration Advisor at the national level.
Duties & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Business Development and Market Linkages Advisor will include the following:
- Provide support on conducting and updating market scans and analyses, as well as in the identification of potential strategic partners.
- Support in awareness-raising on business and investment opportunities in the Green and Circular Economies, including the dissemination of business models and success stories across SNV’s three focal sectors (Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH).
- In close collaboration with the Energy and Agriculture Advisors, as well as the Incubation/Acceleration Specialist, facilitate linkages to relevant businesses in the respective value chains (match-making), relevant Business Development service providers, as well as authorities and financial institutions.
- Develop strong relationships with start-ups and MSMEs, identify opportunities for growth and upscaling, contribute to the preparation of investment proposals and plans as necessary.
- Support team members and service providers in the creation and running of a Challenge Fund to support the testing of green and inclusive business models.
- Assist team members in monitoring and evaluation.
- Master’s degree in one of the following: Agribusiness; Economics; Business Administration; Finance and/or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in developing and facilitating inclusive business models;
- Working experience in market systems development and facilitation.
- Ability and demonstrated experience of designing and appraising business cases;
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills, including financial modelling skills;
- Knowledge/Experience in the following areas desired:
– Value chain and supply chain analysis and development
– Working with youth, women and/or migrants
– Training and coaching
- Experience in youth and women entrepreneurship programs;
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships; good networking skills
- Pro-active work attitude and ‘can do’, solution- and results-oriented attitude;
- Ability to prioritise multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with management;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Affinity with SNV’s mission, as well as with the Agriculture, Renewable Energy and WASH sectors.
Closing Date : 24 July. 2021
About the Company
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty.
We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts.
SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
SNV currently aims more explicitly for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
We continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of the Project
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992 and is currently implementing the Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities (GrEEn) project with funding from the European Union Emergency Trust Fund.
The GrEEn project aims to create green jobs and promote green businesses to contribute to the creation of sustainable and climate resilient local economies in Ghana.
The project is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position as Business Development and Market Linkages Advisor. The position is based in Takoradi, Ghana.
For more information, visit the website: https://snv.org/project/green-boosting-green-employment-and-enterprise-opportunities-ghana
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED