New Job Opening at Daystar Power Group
ROLE: Project Engineer
Daystar Power Group is a Pan-African provider of solar and hybrid power solutions, with systems available through Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), fixed monthly cost leases, and buy-outs. All of our systems come with complete maintenance services to ensure that they work 365 days a year. We presently operate in seven countries, including Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Senegal, and the Ivory Coast, and have recently expanded into South Africa and Tanzania.
We are seeking qualified and experienced Project Engineers to construct, manage, and operate our big-capacity plants in Ghana. He or she will collaborate with the team to install PV inverters, commission new equipment, and improve customer satisfaction through quality service and professionalism. We are looking for people who are hardworking, driven, and well-organized, and who strive for continual improvement in order to exceed expectations.
Daystar Power Group is an equal-opportunity company committed to encouraging workplace diversity and inclusion. We oppose all types of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state, or municipal law.
Women who meet the qualifications are urged to apply.
- Creating project strategies to carry out sales contracts
- Solar power installation design and planning
- Leading the supply chain process, which includes finding and ordering parts both locally and abroad.
- Quality assurance of Daybreak’s technical installations as well as the installations of our technical partners
- Directing, coordinating, and monitoring solar power solution installations; and
Sales Engineering trains clients on system functioning and best utilization
- Conducting customer conversations via email, phone calls, and in-person meetings
- Conducting energy audits at client sites
- PV system design (on-grid, off-grid, hybrid)
- Creating sales proposals to fuel the sales process
- Creating and submitting tender materials (specifications, bill of quantities, drawings, etc.) and designs in accordance with specifications
- Managing the entire sales process, from proposal creation to contract execution; and
- Working with the legal department on all draft agreements related to your function
- Actively monitoring site performance and preparing monthly client reports
- Remotely resolving site concerns and site inspections; and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Serving as the initial point of contact for any client complaints
- Implement standard operating procedures and health, safety, and security standards for solar installation work.
- Examine technical developments in the local and worldwide energy sectors.
- Assist with market research and the identification of energy projects in Ghana by developing and coaching technical staff.
- Approximately 30% of the time must be spent in office environments, with the remainder spent in the field.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in Electrical Engineering jobs and managing large-scale and industrial projects in the solar business (recommended) or power industry
- A professional engineer with NSE, COREN, and engineering certifications is preferred.
- English is the language of instruction.
- Leadership experience that has been demonstrated
- Self-motivated and possess a strong sense of ownership, as well as the capacity to thrive under pressure.
- Excellent communication abilities, as well as the ability to lead and work well in groups
- Highly organized, with the capacity to handle many projects concurrently and prioritize competing needs; a strong interest in renewable energy.
- Attention to detail and exceptional oral and written communication abilities
- Willingness to adapt, learn, and progress within the organization
- Exceptional integrity
- Highly organized with the capacity to manage many projects simultaneously and prioritize competing needs, love for green energy
- PMP certification is advantageous.
- HSE certification is advantageous.
- Traveling both domestically and overseas is possible.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)—report authoring and analysis
- Opportunity to work in a forward-thinking, innovative organization with an international team.
- Career options are limitless, depending on achievements and personal development.
- A good wage and benefits package with long-term prospects in a rapidly expanding firm
How to Apply for this Job at Daystar Power Group
Closing Date: 19th November, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED