New Employment Opportunity at Unicef
Purpose of Assignment:
The goal of this consulting project is to make a business case for investing more money in Ghana’s Social Protection programs. In particular, the paper wants to accomplish the following:
- Give background information on poverty, vulnerability, and lack of resources, as well as a report on the current state of Social Protection in Ghana.
- Do a comparison between what might happen if more money was put into social protection and if things kept going as usual (the cost of not investing). (Figure out how much the investment will cost and how much it will make back).
- Give suggestions and key messages for lobbying the government and other important players.
- Write a policy brief (no more than 5 pages) for advocacy and working with stakeholders
The research should take a dynamic approach and look at the 5 flagship SP programs in different ways over the next 5, 10, and 15 years.
Scope of the job:
The goal of this assignment is to look at what would happen if Ghana didn’t put money into Social Protection and make suggestions for investments, including possible sources of money and how much they would cost. The analysis will be based on these questions:
- How bad are poverty, vulnerability, and lack of things in Ghana?
- How does it affect kids and teens, and what do they do about it?
- Given that the population is expected to grow, what will likely happen to young people if investments in social protection don’t go up in the next 5, 10, and 15 years?
- Make possible plans for what will happen if more money is put into social protection in the next 5, 10, and 15 years.
It is becoming more and more important to have evidence and data on how poverty, growing inequality, and covariate shocks affect children, families, and their communities, as well as the cost of doing nothing. The report’s main findings and recommendations will be used to make a case to the government and other partners.
The analysis will be based on a review of the existing literature and other data on Social Protection (SP) in general and on SP financing in Ghana in particular. The consultant will come up with a plan for how to do things technically.
Needed Qualifications and Experience
The consulting firm needs people with the following skills and experiences:
- At least a master’s degree and a PhD in the social sciences, preferably in economics, demography, public finance, public policy, or a related field; at least 10 years of experience in applied research; publications in peer-reviewed journals; experience in a similar or related job is a plus.
- A good understanding of how social protection programs work.
- Knowledge of and experience with development issues in Sub-Saharan Africa or Developing States.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience working or doing research with young people is a plus.
How to Apply
Click on the link below and fill out all of the relevant fields on the online application form to send in your application.
Closing Date: August 17, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED