New Employment Opportunity at EduSpots
EduSpots is a UK and Ghanaian-registered charity that connects, trains, and equips volunteer community educators to create transformative literacy and STEM opportunities through education spaces called ‘Spots’, with a focus on female empowerment and environmental action. We are building a movement of community-based changemakers.
Since 2016, we have helped 50 communities build and run community-led and owned education spaces called ‘Spots,’ with a strategy to support them in progressing towards our ‘Dream Spot Model,’ by collaborating extensively with over 250 local volunteers. We are working on a paradigm for a community-led education space with associated network interaction that could have global applications.
Our 16-person Ghanaian team works entirely part-time and remotely to create collaborative learning opportunities through our Ignite and Community Leadership in Development (CLEd) programs, which include training to lead our EduLit, EduSTEM, EduKidz, and Ignite Girls clubs, as well as locally designed education projects, reaching over 15,000 students of all ages each year. Our 2022 Impact Report can be seen here.
We are in an exciting stage of development. We were named a finalist for the Their World Scale-Up Innovation Prize after winning the Tes International Award in 2018 and the Big Give Supporters’ Choice Award in 2022. Our founder was a finalist in The Varkey Foundation’s $1 million Global Teacher Prize, which was endorsed by UNESCO, in 2021, in part because of her involvement in founding EduSpots.
We are optimistic about the future. For further information, go to www.eduspots.org.
About this position
The Communications Design Coordinator will be critical in communicating EduSpots’ goal and vision to a broader spectrum of stakeholders (volunteers, contributors, supporters, and so on). The individual will be able to work autonomously to develop visually appealing and informative items using their creative and design skills, such as:
- Brochures, flyers, and posters are examples of marketing materials.
- Materials for education
- Publications and reports
- Materials for events and fundraising
- Marketing and digital content
The coordinator will strive to ensure that designs are consistent with EduSpot’s identity and messaging and that they are appropriate for a wide range of audiences and platforms.
Principal roles and duties
- Create bold and captivating visual designs for print, internet, PowerPoint, and email communications.
- Create visual concepts and graphic designs for public relations and marketing efforts, such as brochures, annual reports, pamphlets, flyers, and so on.
- Help with creating social media material and video editing.
- Successfully collaborate with the communications team to comprehend EduSpots’ communication objectives, which are subsequently translated into effective and compelling creative design.
- Maintain project workflow mechanisms to ensure deadlines are met on time.
- Apply brand and style requirements consistently.
- Other related duties may be assigned.
Required Qualifications or Experience
Experience and knowledge
- Image editing, computer animation, and illustration software such as Adobe Creative Suite are all second nature to me.
- Knowledge of print, electronic, and graphic media is required.
- Outstanding artistic and design abilities
- Capabilities in video editing and social media content creation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- three years of relevant experience
Personal Characteristics and Skills
- A sincere dedication to educational justice and community-led transformation
- Outstanding time management and planning abilities.
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail (preferably with strong proofreading abilities)
- Proactive and capable of working in an impact-driven atmosphere to maintain a high degree of performance with minimal supervision
- Solid communication skills, the capacity to develop solid working connections with people from all backgrounds, and an openness to new ways of working are required.
- A team player who believes in the significance of collaborative learning methodologies.
- A deep personal connection to the purpose, vision, and values of EduSpots Desirable
- Working experience with an education NGO Working experience in a multicultural team
- Volunteer experience and dedication.
- Bachelor of Science
How to Apply for this Employment Opportunity at EduSpots
Please send a prepared cover letter and CV to Miss Cat Davison, Chair, at email@example.com by Monday, October 30th.
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED