New Employment Opportunity at DAI Global
Position: Deputy Chief of Party – Technical
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
In West Africa, DAI Global is undertaking a five-year USAID program. The program supports West Africans’ efforts to address the risks of instability caused by democratic backsliding and conflict and prioritizes targeted governance, conflict, and violence prevention, peacebuilding, and preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) interventions throughout the region.
The program will work with regional partners such as ECOWAS, as well as governments and non-governmental organizations, to address the causes of fragility, with a focus on good governance approaches, conflict prevention, and response, and P/CVE interventions in select Sahel and coastal West African countries.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
To provide technical oversight for the overall program, the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)-Technical will collaborate with and report to the Chief of Party (COP). In the absence of the COP, they will serve as the primary point of contact for the Contracting Officer Representative (COR). To achieve program goals, the DCOP-Technical leads a team of primarily national professionals and short-term experts.
They will be in charge of the technical team, providing the necessary leadership, direction, and coordination to manage and implement technical activities and deliverables. They will be in charge of the technical staff, which includes the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL)/Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA), the Lead for Gender, Equality, and Social Inclusion (GESI), and the Programs Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical leadership for program results, including cross-cutting issues, in collaboration with the COP and the team.
- Continuously ensure the quality of SRPS technical reports and communication products, guaranteeing message clarity, program contributions, and effect.
- Ensures the timely submission of high-quality deliverables.
- Provides overall coordination for regional and national government partners and civil
- Society Organizations (CSOs) capacity enhancement, including benchmarking based on evaluations and documentation of performance improvement.
- Develops and strengthens ties with DAI, USAID, other donors, policymakers, key program stakeholders, technical and implementing partners, and national and local CSO networks while sharing accomplishments and significant lessons learned.
- Ensures that all activities and initiatives follow USAID and DAI technical recommendations and are in line with global best practices, including staff training as needed.
- In the absence of the COP, USAID, regional governments, donors, partners, and other relevant stakeholders who support similar actions represent the program.
- A master’s or postgraduate degree in public policy, law, economics, corporate management, administration, or a similar discipline is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful leadership on big, complex initiatives in a similar country setting, including experience as a DCOP or a similar important role on donor-funded regional programs, particularly in West Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful working relationships with senior officials and peers at the national and sub-national levels.
- Extensive experience establishing partnerships with other key players, including donors, other implementing partners, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), civil society, academia, and the commercial sector.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines regularly.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication abilities.
- Fluency in both English and French is necessary.
How to Apply for this Job Opportunity at Social Ghana
Closing Date: January 10, 2024
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED