November 5th, 2023 at 08:39 am
Michigan Technological University admissions without tuition fee for 2024–25
There are no application fees, and applying to graduate school is quick and easy. You don’t need to start with official transcripts or exam results. We’ll walk you through the remaining steps if you apply today.
Concerning Michigan Technological University
Students at Michigan Technological University are equipped to shape the future.
Smart kids from Husky do at Michigan Tech. They compete, create, design, and code. Their breakthroughs improve human health and advance technological capabilities. Huskies use research to shape the future in collaboration with academics, industry partners, and researchers. Here’s how:
- Convert plastic waste into protein powder to aid in natural disasters and promote sustainability
- Investigate fruit fly genetics to develop novel human cancer treatment alternatives
- Create quieter, cleaner snowmobiles
- Evaluate and deploy a nanosatellite in low-Earth orbit
- Monitor prey and predators on Isle Royale
Our entrepreneurial spirit—equal parts curiosity and grit—expresses our aim to create a just, prosperous, and sustainable world. It permeates every action we take.
The MTU Husky’s vitality Fighting the North Wind, walking through 200 inches of snow every winter, and staying late in the lab in an attempt to find that one missing piece of the puzzle Hard labor is what keeps us going.
Our seven colleges and schools offer over 140 undergraduate and graduate degree programs that develop, apply, and disseminate science, engineering, technology, and mathematics.
Reasons to Select Michigan Technological University
At Michigan Tech, there’s always something to do. We’re not a “suitcase school” because Houghton is far from almost everywhere; students hang out on weekends, and there are plenty of opportunities to make the most of your college experience. There are many opportunities to become engaged on campus when you’re not occupied with classes.
The Student Associations
Become involved, have fun, and take the lead in the community and around Michigan Tech by joining one of the more than 230 student clubs. There’s probably a group out there that you’ll click with, no matter what you’re into.
Have a hobby for which there isn’t a club or organization? Not an issue! Make your own now. You can even ask for financing from the university to support your endeavors. A fresh concept, ten original members, an advisor, and a constitution are all that are required. You can get the remaining assistance from our Student Leadership and Involvement staff.
Sound and Visual Arts
On campus, more than 600 students take part in fine arts and music programs. These Tech students aspire to include the arts in their lives because they are passionate about them. Sing, play, act, and produce! Scholarships for the Visual and Performing Arts Talent Award are offered to students who want to participate actively in the arts while attending college.
Greek life is a tradition at Michigan Tech and is an excellent method to create lifelong friendships. Become a member of one of the eleven fraternities or seven sororities to fulfill your potential through service, leadership, and academics. During the 2022–2023 academic year, over 10% of students on campus became Greek, accumulating over 10,395 service hours and collecting over $51,315 for regional and national charities.
Our very own ski and snowboard hill, Mont Ripley, and the Portage Lake Golf Course are owned and operated by Michigan Tech and are located just minutes from campus. You may go hiking, mountain biking, Nordic skiing, snow biking, and snowshoeing on our top-notch Tech Trails. Situated on the Keweenaw Waterway, Michigan Tech is only a short distance from Lake Superior. We provide clinics, equipment rentals, courses, and guided excursions as part of our outdoor adventure program.
- Applied Physics
- Audio Production and Technology
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Analytics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Communication, Culture, and Media
- Computational Biology
- Computational Chemistry and Chemical Informatics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Network and System Administration
- Computer Science
- Construction Management
- Data Science
- Ecology and Environmental Science, Applied
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Engineering Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Science and Sustainability
- Exercise Science
- General Business
- General Computing
- General Engineering
- General Forestry
- General Pre-Health Professions
- General Sciences and Arts
- Geological Engineering
- Geophysics, Applied
- Geospatial Engineering
- Human Biology
- Human Factors
- Management Information Systems
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Math + Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Mining Engineering
- Natural Resources Management
- Policy and Community Development
- Robotics Engineering
- Scientific and Technical Communication
- Social Sciences
Requirements for Scholarship Qualifications
To be evaluated for admission to the Graduate School as a student pursuing a degree or certificate, you must:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an approved university or its equivalent, and
- Have the academic background and prior degree necessary to indicate that you are prepared for graduate work in the field of your choice.
Applying to Graduate Schools: First Steps
To apply to any of our programs, complete our online application for free. There is a $10 processing charge for each application from overseas candidates. You will need to provide your official transcripts and scores after submitting the initial application, but they are not necessary.
You will have access to your Michigan Tech application site after your original application has been approved and filed, where you can upload any additional materials that are needed. Usually, applications are not reviewed by programs until all required materials are sent in. Admission requirements differ and are specified on the web pages of each program.
Should you have previously attended Michigan Tech’s Graduate School, you must fill out our Application for Readmission.
Statements from Students
Both a personal statement and a statement of purpose must be completed. Each offers our evaluators a distinct viewpoint that will help them during the selection process.
The relevant form included in your Michigan Tech application portal must be used to submit these declarations.
No files posted from another location will be allowed.
There is a strict character limit on responses. Every punctuation mark, space, and letter is counted as one character. Before submitting, the Graduate School advises you to run your answers using a character count tool.
This component of the application should be carefully reviewed because these statements are highly valued by many departments.
- Purpose Statement
- Personal Statement
- Official Transcript
To start the application evaluation process, certified copies of your previous college or university transcripts are needed. For a minimum of six semesters, courses taken and grades earned must be included in unofficial transcripts. It is also necessary to give your name, the name of the university, and the grading system your university uses.
After being accepted, you must submit certified transcripts from your prior institution or university, as well as documentation of your degree, to finish your enrollment. If you are accepted, we ask that you bring your formal documentation to Michigan Tech’s Graduate School’s main office (414 Administration Building) as soon as you arrive. In addition, official electronic transcripts that are delivered straight to the graduate school attesting to your coursework and degree will be accepted.
Exams for Admissions
Neither the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) nor the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are required by the Graduate School. Some programs, however, can call for one of these tests. Please review the prerequisites for admission to the program that interests you.
Two academic letters of recommendation are typically required for most programs; the exact requirements are listed on the program pages. Before submitting your application online, you can obtain letters of recommendation, which must be done online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues regarding letters of recommendation.
Program Documents Needed
Before starting the application procedure, make sure you have reviewed all of the documentation your desired program or programs require. Some documentation or requirements that you might need are as follows:
- A curriculum vitae or resume
- A sample composition
- Requirement classes
- A prior degree in the designated field
Application Closing dates
While the majority of programs accept applications on a rolling basis all year, we strongly advise you to adhere to the suggested deadlines found on the program pages of your program(s) of interest.
Students from abroad
Please visit our International Applicants page for further details on how to apply to the Graduate School as an international student.
How can you apply?
- CENTRAL LAKES COLLEGE ADMISSION WITH NO TUITION FEES: SUBMIT APPLICATIONS NOW
- AVE MARIA UNIVERSITY ADMISSION 2024/25 (WITH FULL FUNDING, NO APPLICATION FEE REQUIRED)
- AQUINAS COLLEGE ADMISSIONS 2024/24: NO TUITION FEE + SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING
- BEREA COLLEGE ADMISSION AND AID WITH NO APPLICATION FEES 2024/25
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY 2024-2025 ADMISSIONS: TUITION FEES WAIVED
- 2024/25 CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS (SCHOLARSHIP + NO APPLICATION FEES)
- LAKE SUPERIOR COLLEGE ADMISSIONS 2024: APPLY NOW WITHOUT TUITION FEES
- SHS PLACEMENT PORTAL – CSSPS.GOV.GH
- UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS STUDENT PORTAL – MY.KU.EDU
- WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT PORTAL – MYWSU.WICHITA.EDU
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY STUDENT PORTAL
- UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD STUDENT PORTAL HTTPS://WWW.OX.AC.UK/STUDENTS/SELFSERVICE
- AIB COLLEGE OF BUSINESS STUDENT PORTAL – AIB.EDU
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY STUDENT PORTAL – UAGC.EDU
- 2023 FREE USA HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED