JSI Research & Training Institute Latest Job
JSI is implementing the recently extended USAID-funded Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana.
The goal of this extension is to allow Care Continuum to expand existing support to the Government of Ghana (GOG) and to accelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 95-95-95 UNAIDS goal by achieving epidemic control in threee high HIV disease burden regions (Western, Western North and Ahafo regions) by scaling up evidence-based interventions. Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV), including key populations (KPs), getting them on treatment, retaining them, and ensuring they are virally suppressed in Ghana The activity will be funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through September 2023.
JSI has received extended funding from USAID for COVID 19 Vaccine deployment in Western, Western North and Ahafo Regions
The Finance and Operations Officer will support the setup and maintenance of the JSI financial accounts and operations systems; preparation of expenditure projections, reporting, and expense monitoring. S/he will be responsible for logistic management of activities of the extended funding from USAID on the Global Vax activities.
- Job Location: This is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Ghana.
- Reporting Relationship: She/he will report to the Director of Finance & Operations (DFO)
- Duration: Six Months renewable depending on availability of funding.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance & Operations Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project’s financial records, payments, and receipts relating to the Global Vax project. This management includes the following:
- Firstly, Processing all accounts payable on a timely basis
- Secondly, Process and arrange documents for electronic payments
- Thirdly, Work with the Global Vax project implementation teams including Ghana Health Service teams to mobilize relevant payment documents.
- Furthermore, Ensure that participants on the Global Vax activities are paid promptly
- Moreover, Maintaining a system of tracking all accounts receivable including employee advances and analyzing them for action
- Additionally, Processing and disbursement of accounts receivable (E.g. Advances)
- Last but not least, Prepare any reports as may be directed by the DFO
- Finally, Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks, or activities as required by DFO
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree or HND in Accounting or have a diploma from a professional course in accounting or financial management.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as an accountant or financial/administrative officer, preferably with a US Government-funded project.
- Experience working with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel) as well as an accounting software
- Then, Excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Also, Experience working with an international NGO preferred;
- Lastly, Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
How To Apply for JSI Research & Training Institute Latest Job
- Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked ‘FINANCE & OPERATIONS OFFICER-GLOBAL VAX” to: [email protected]
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or drop-ins
Closing Date : 30th June. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED