Job Vacancy at Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
Job Title: Program Specialist
Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) to developing countries is carried out by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). JICA is a Japanese administrative agency that is part of the government. Ghana and JICA have worked together for more than 60 years, and JICA has helped Ghana with its programs and projects in the health, education, agriculture, private, infrastructure, and government sectors.
The JICA Ghana Office is now looking for staff with the following skills and experience:
One (1) Program Specialist in Private Sector Development and Related Areas, such as Public–Private Partnership, Trade, Economy, Business Law, Investment and Loan.
- Come up with ideas for projects based on talks and negotiations with government officials, Development Partners, and other interested parties.
- Work with office members, JICA headquarters staff, experts, and government officials to carry out or help carry out JICA’s projects.
- Help with the work of JICA missions and experts in the responsible sector and related sectors by making plans and taking care of logistics, such as buying supplies, making official documents, setting up internal procedures, making travel plans, and so on.
- Keep in touch often with office members, Japanese experts, Ghanaian government officials with whom they work, and Development partners who are interested.
- To carry out and help evaluate JICA’s projects and other activities according to JICA’s rules, working with office members, government officials, and Development partners.
- Keep track of what the former KCCP participants are doing and come up with a plan for sending new candidates based on how well they fit in with the other projects.
- To make and check the accounting documents that are needed.
- To get the Ghanaian public and media interested in JICA’s public relations work and its activities.
- Do any other necessary work that Representatives and Project Formulation Advisors tell them to do, even if it doesn’t have to do with the private sector.
Employment Period: A six-month trial period starting the day they are hired. • A one-year contract that can be renewed if they do a good job.
Needed Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a field related to business, economics, or sociology.
- Appropriate and proper business manners, discipline, strong interpersonal skills, and a clear understanding of other cultures.
- Experience working in a team and strong people skills to build and maintain good relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and people from outside the company.
- Very good computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, which are used to make business and official documents, letters, reports, and presentations.
- Must have worked for at least 5 years
Desirable Qualifications & Experiences
- Experience working for a government agency, a charity, or an international private company or organization in one of the above-mentioned fields.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an overseas school in business, economics, sociology, or a related field
How to Apply for this Job Vacancy at Japan International Cooperation Agency
Those who are interested and qualify must send in an Application Form through search Microsoft Forms. Only applications that follow the rules will be considered. You may need a Microsoft account in order to apply. Please do what Search Microsoft Forms tells you to do.
The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on August 2, 2023.
JICA Ghana Office (Mr. Momita and Ms. Aizu) 2nd Floor, the Elizabeth, No. 68A, Senchi Link, Airport Residential Area, Accra, Ghana
Please click on the link below and fill out the application using Microsoft Forms. To get the application form, click here.
Closing Date: August 17, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED