Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty.
A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
The Program Manager will fill the role in an anticipated project funded by a donor. On the anticipated program, TechnoServe would improve household food security and economic opportunities of the selected beneficiaries by strengthening their ability to participate in selected agricultural value chains and supporting high potential entrepreneurs to launch or grow their businesses.
The Program Manager will lead the overall implementation and management of the anticipated program, including providing oversight of activities, developing workplans, overseeing the program budget, and reporting to the donor on delivery and progress.
S/He will be the primary point of contact between TechnoServe and the donor, relaying key updates related to the program’s day-to-day implementation.
Please note that this opportunity is contingent upon donor award.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all deliverables of the program, including specific outputs and outcomes laid out in the project proposals
- Lead the launch of program activities and ensure excellence in execution
- Maintain project work plan and ensure timely project implementation
- Ensure project activities are implemented with sound managerial, technical, human resource and overall programmatic practices
- Hold regular team meetings to track implementation progress and share relevant project and administrative data
- Provide coaching, direction, and leadership support to program team members to achieve results
- Manage and monitor project budget variances to ensure spending rates are on target and realign as required.
- Timely production and sharing of project performance metrics, including quarterly Program Status Reports (PSRs) and Corporate Measurement data
- Proactively identify successful strategies and tactics, or bottlenecks to effective execution of project objectives
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with project donor and community stakeholders, including relevant government departments, private sector companies, and business associations
- Represent the program and TechnoServe at internal and external functions
- Understand, respect and promote TechnoServe’s values, vision and strategy in implementation of assigned duties
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of five years’ field and program management experience; experience managing agriculture and/or entrepreneurship development programs preferred
- Strong project management and budgeting skills; experience overseeing a multi-year, high budget program preferred
- Personnel management experience
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability and experience working with teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High levels of cultural sensitivity and strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to develop well-written and cohesive analytical reports
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships with public and private partners
- Solutions oriented; Ability to identify and understand issues and triangulate information to draw conclusions and develop appropriate solutions.
- Willingness to to live in remote rural locations; field-based operations experience preferred
- Fluency in English
Closing statements for all TechnoServe job postings:
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
As part of our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation, and we vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
Method Of Application
Closing date: Ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED