Project Coordinator Needed at Ghana National Association of the Deaf (GNAD)
Ghana National Association of the Deaf (GNAD) is a non-profit organization that advocates for the rights of individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing. GNAD works through right-based advocacy on cross-cutting issues aimed at facilitating access to public goods and services for the deaf communities.
The Ghana National Association of the Deaf (GNAD) and Danish Deaf Association (DDL) are seeking a Project Coordinator for a three-year fixed-term position, starting from 1st November 2022 with the possibility of a three-year extension depending on the funding of the next phase.
The Project Coordinator will work as part of the GNAD Secretariat based in Accra, Ghana, and the position reports to the GNAD Executive Director through the Programs Manager and is supported by the WFD West and Central Africa Regional Secretariat (WCARS). The key responsibility of the Project Coordinator will be to manage the project’s activities through rigors rig supervision of country-level project coordinators/officers.
The purpose of the WCARS project, titled “Transnational Capacity Building Project for Deaf Associations”, is to strengthen the organizational capacities of the National Associations of the Deaf in Togo, Niger, Mali, and Cote d’Ivoire, and the WFD Regional Secretariat of West and Central Africa (WCARS) based on the lessons learned from the 14-year long project partnership between GNAD and DDL improving the capacity of GNAD to advocate for deaf people’s rights in Ghana.
The project is also building on the lessons learned from the previous WFD Deaf Human Rights and Capacity Building Training Project in Western and Central Africa 2009-2012.
- Firstly, Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Secondly, Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Thirdly, Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Moreover, Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Additionally, Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Finally, Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
Project Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study.
- Then, Three years of experience in a related field.
- Afterwards, Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Also, Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Lastly, Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
How to Apply for Project Coordinator at Ghana National Association of the Deaf
To apply for this position, please submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter (maximum of one page) to the Email Address: email@example.com.
Please provide also three written letters of reference from professional contacts. For applicants with proven knowledge of Sign Language, a short statement in any of the project countries’ national Sign Language about your experience in project work (maximum of 2 minutes), uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube with the appropriate link is an advantage but not a requirement. Salary expectations may be mentioned in the letter of application but the final salary is determined by the project budget.
Shortlisted candidates’ interviews are expected to be carried out via Zoom or meet face-to-face in Accra.
Deadline for submission of applications is 15th September 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED