Job Vacancy at BBC World Service
ROLE: Senior Journalist (Video Producer-West Africa)
The BBC World Service is in the middle of a major strategic review to make it a digital-first organization that creates unique material.
In line with this strategy, we are setting up digital production hubs to make original journalism with a big effect on our readers all over the world.
We’re looking for a talented and motivated video producer in Ghana who can pitch ideas, come up with new ones, launch, produce, and re-edit digital video content on their own or with the help of others.
This job will be in addition to digital, creative, and journalism jobs that will help come up with new, interesting, and engaging stories for many platforms.
- This job is mostly about coming up with, collecting, and making content for news, current events, and general programming for digital platforms. You will be expected to regularly shoot and edit full packages on your own that can be used on different platforms.
- Make sure the information is accurate and useful, while also trying to be creative and imaginative and follow the best practices for making videos.
- To record video interviews and other original material as needed, and to work with the graphics and visual journalism teams to make creative and original sequences.
- Use analytics to help choose video stories and make sure the right format(s) are used to deliver the information.
Are you the right candidate?
- It’s better to be able to speak two languages: A full command and up-to-date knowledge of a key World Service regional language as first (or equivalent) language, as well as a full understanding of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate successfully.
- Ability to come up with, plan, develop, and make interesting digital content about complex political and social problems that will appeal to audiences in Africa and around the world, especially women and young people.
- Experience with digital newsgathering, filming, and sending in video from the field, as well as a proven ability to use editing and production tools with confidence as needed. It would be helpful to know how to stream from outside.
- It would be helpful if you were good on camera and had experience with social media lives.
- Good understanding of data analytics and experience using it to shape the content and meet the needs of different audiences.
- A history of encouraging, guiding, and helping peers who are new to video and digital and don’t know much about it.
- Band: D
- Type of contract: Permanent Place of work: Accra, Ghana
- This job is based on terms and conditions in the area.
Not only do we care about what we do, but also how we do it. We care a lot about what we believe and how we act. Please make sure you’ve read the document linked below to learn about our beliefs and how we act.
At the BBC, diversity is important. We have a workplace where each person’s unique input is valued and respected. This lets all of our employees thrive and reach their full potential.
We want to get as many bright people as possible to join the BBC, whether they want to work on our shows or in one of the many other jobs we have. The more different kinds of people we have working for us, the better we can answer to and match our audiences in all their different ways.
We want everyone to have the same chances, so we accept applications from people of any age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, faith, or belief. We will accept requests for flexible work for all positions unless operational needs make it impossible to do so.
How to Apply for this Job Vacancy at BBC World Service
Closing Date: 7th May 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED