Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Job vacancy
Position: Senior Data Assistant
About the company
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit group based in the United States that works to find and spread effective solutions to the problems of poverty around the world. Together with decision-makers, IPA designs, tests, and improves these solutions and how they are used. This is done to make sure that the evidence gathered is used to help the poor around the world.
IPA Ghana needs a Senior Data Assistant to help with projects and support teams in the organization with programming and data.
Summary of Position
The Senior Data Assistant will help the Research Quality team with things like data management, survey coordination, data training, and helping all departments in the country office with their systems.
The Senior Data Assistant will be in charge of the following in particular:
- Review and give project teams feedback on how to make survey questionnaires better.
- Program and help program surveys into Computer-Assisted Interviewing (CAI) software like Survey CTO.
- Train staff to use programmed questionnaires
- Problem-solve and fix issues with programmed questionnaires
- Help project teams come up with ways to keep track of data collection and set up systems for back-checking, editing, and tracking.
- Check the quality of project and program data using Stata and other appropriate software
- Help project teams clean up their data and get ready to analyze it.
- Together with the Research Quality team, give regular training to staff and, when necessary, partners, to help them improve their data management, Stata, data analysis, and other technical skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, or a related field;
- Knowledge of more than one programming language;
- If you have programmed in Survey CTO before, that’s a plus;
- A plus is having experience with STATA or another statistical program;
- Proven interest in new software and data management programs and ability to learn them quickly;
- Experience working with a survey company or collecting data is a plus;
- Capable of always following rules and instructions;
- Excellent skills in managing, communicating, and putting things together;
- Working for an international NGO in the past is a plus.
Please pay attention to the following:
- People from Ghana are encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be looked at as they come in until good candidates are found.
- To fill out the application form, you need to send your CV and a cover letter. Please remember to save all attachments (CV, Cover Letter, and Transcript) with your full names.
- Applications that aren’t complete or that aren’t filled out through the web form won’t be looked at.
- Due to the large number of applications, IPA will only contact those who have been shortlisted.
How to Apply for this Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Job vacancy
Closing Date: 27th July 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED