Guinness Ghana is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose –Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
To deliver the ambition of becoming the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world, Diageo embarked on an initiative aimed at improving its processes, including how it manages its logistics operations. Diageo’s end-game vision is for control tower visibility and strategic decisions to be made centrally via a Centre of Excellence (COE) whilst the transactional activity will be carried out by a managed service provider all using a single leading technology platform across Africa. This is aimed at; Building and sustaining Standardization in MOVE processes, establish control of Operations through detailed codification, delivering stretch improvement targets for the markets, Disciplined application of the best in class Technology and Processes to exploit the full potential of the region, Creating a central talent pool of expert staff at an optimised cost for the diverse African market to tap skills, create growth opportunities and minimise risks associated with employee turnover and finally, create a competitive edge over companies with the best in class Supply chain operations, COE’s/Control towers for efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Data handling skills with agility to operate in Enterprise Management Systems, Warehouse management Systems and Transport Management Systems, ability to operate with autonomy and respond fast to market data request and offer timely feedback to users in Market
- No budget responsibilities directly but support delivery of overall financial performance through effective & efficient system
Role: DATA AND LOGISTICS SYSTEMS MANAGER
About The Role
The Diageo market in Africa contributes 13% of Diageo’s Net Sales Value and boosts the leading growth statistics in the world. There are 8 different companies stretched on the continent with Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa as the biggest. Over 1,400 Stock keeping units managed in 38 warehouses and over 79 transporters.
Apart from South Africa, most transport and warehousing activities are manual and for the automation, and not interfaced with SAP. Tracking tools for trucks are owned and operated by 3PL and not Diageo, Transport rates are pre-negotiated, and changes attract high penalties.
- To support efficient supply chain and route to market system installation, operations and integration. This will include delivering a seamless operations platform between Diageo, the Control tower and 3PLs.
- The role holder will work closely with Diageo Business Service (DBS) teams in different shared services locations.
- He/she will need to interact across cultures & have strong influence/impact within businesses to drive change and system upgrades.
- He/she will also need to engage and partner with key Diageo Supply Partners (3PL’s, DBS, resourcing partners etc.) as well as other external suppliers
- Act as a reference point for all customer delivery system management; monitor and trouble shoot failed orders for 3rd party and maintain a tracker of the interface system issues log and have a monthly review.
- Carry out regression testing for Diageo systems (SAP/WMS/TMS) interfaces and carry out user acceptance testing for any system change requests.
- Lead process improvement and control that ensures all logistics operations are documented, efficient and compliant.
- Act as a contact point for error processing and interface management between Diageo and 3PLs.
- Arrange necessary trainings and/or train new users/joiners within MOVE in systems operations and organize SAP/WMS/TMS Standard operating procedures refresher training quarterly.
- Advise the users and business on the process of invoking Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in case the interface systems are off and its implication on the business.
- Demonstrated skills in TMS/SAP, processing.
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate supply chain, mathematical or business degree.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to drive change and process improvements.
- Strong understanding of core Logistics operations processes.
- Understanding of the impact of supply chain dynamics on business performance
- Effectively networked across the CoE markets
- An understanding of how leading technology can enable effective logistics operations
- Ability to work with and align stakeholders behind plans and win support for implementing change
- APPLY NOW || West African Health Organization Job Vacancies
- MASSIVE RECRUITTMENT || Tullow Oil Massive Job Openings
- Matrix Innovation Ltd Job Vacancies Available
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part–time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Closing Date : 28th Feb. 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED