Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
Job Title: Junior Professional, Grants and Funding
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Partnerships for Forests aims to support the emergence of a new investment model in which the public sector, private sector companies and wider communities can achieve better returns from sustainable forestry and land use than they are able to from deforestation and land degradation.
The main objective of the programme is to support a set of public-private-partnerships (PPPs) and initiatives which demonstrate how the private sector can contribute to a reduction in rates of deforestation, as well as a range of related enabling activities to address the policy environment.
Outcomes will include improved and more sustainable prevention of deforestation, reforestation of degraded land and leverage of private finance. The programme also aims to support a transformation to sustainability in markets for commodities associated with deforestation, including timber, palm oil, soya, beef, paper and board. The programme is currently operating in four regions (East Africa, West and Central Africa, South-East Asia and Latin America).
P4F builds public-private partnerships to demonstrate that sustainable forestry can achieve better returns than deforestation and land degradation. To achieve this, P4F works with policy actors to create an enabling environment for these innovative partnerships, and transforms commodity markets traditionally associated with deforestation, such as timber, palm oil, soya, beef, and paper.
For more information, please visit www.partnershipsforforests.com
Partnerships for Forests is looking for a Junior Professional to support the West and Central Africa Project Funding Team (Project Funding refers to both grants and technical assistance used to fund project activities). You will also work closely with the wider P4F team based in our Accra office, and the central P4F Project Funding team based in Bristol, UK.
The Junior Professional role is an excellent way to launch and develop your career in the Environment Sector on one of the largest and most well-established programmes aiming to mobilize investments into Forests and Sustainable Land Use.
This is a one-year professional development opportunity, ideal for candidates looking to develop their professional knowledge, skills and competencies required to build a successful career in the sector. The role is offered full-time (40 hours), at 5 days per week, based out of the Accra, Ghana office, but with some home-working permitted.
We have flexible working conditions, to enable our team to balance their work and home commitments.
The Junior Professional will support the West and Central Africa Project Funding team with the implementation and administration of the P4F regional grants and technical assistance portfolio. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- To begin with, Supporting the administration and operation of the P4F grant mechanism in WCA, including review of financial reporting, and quality review of grant approval and grant implementation documentation.
- Then, Manage and monitor fund disbursements, working closely with project grantees to support timely payment linked to payment by results mechanisms, and day-to-day grants contract and delivery operations.
- Also, Supporting grant implementation processes, such as through supporting grant-related procurement, contracting, reporting, and auditing.
- Moreover, Supporting and contributing to the development of grant approval documentation, including budgets, due diligence and risk monitoring.
- Additionally, Monitor ongoing projects, including site visits to and meetings with grantees
- More so, Support the M&E Associate to monitor progress of the grants and build capacity of grantees on monitoring and reporting procedures.
- Afterwards, File and database (dashboard/ SharePoint/ touchstone etc.) management – QA’ing data integrity, running reports, trouble-shooting queries and designing system improvements.
- Furthermore, Serving as a coordination point for programme consultants and service providers where necessary.
- Last but not least, Participating in and supporting the logistics of field visits and spot check audits and regional capacity building training.
- Finally, Performing any other duties reasonably requested by the Regional Director.
The ideal candidate has the following skills and attitudes:
- Previous professional experience in grants or finance management, with experience of grant management in the international development sector desirable.
- Evidence of experience, or interest, in international development, sustainability, or the environmental sector.
- Financial acumen with the ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
- Demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-moving environment and enjoys finding solutions for often unexpected issues.
- People skills, with the ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary team members and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Adaptable (keen to try new approaches, employ agile thinking, flexible and open to change).
- Ability to work flexibly, and to tight deadlines, maintaining consistently high standards and attention to detail
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office user (in particular PowerPoint and Excel)
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (e.g. environmental studies, economics, business management) or Project Management qualification.
- Experience with FCDO-funded or other large international development programmes
- Fluency in French
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at Palladium
Deadline for applications closes at 23:00 GMT on Friday 29 July 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED