Exciting Career Opportunity at iDE Ghana
Market And Value Chain Coordinator (MVCC) at iDE Ghana
iDE is an international not-for-profit NGO with a unique business approach to poverty eradication. For 36 years around the world—and 10 years in Ghana — iDE has pioneered innovative market-based approaches to improve access to safe water and sanitation and increase agricultural incomes.
iDE Ghana designs to context sustainable social enterprises in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Agriculture. Our unique and collective passion to create new market opportunities is unlocking the potential of local entrepreneurs all over the country. Through innovating affordable products and services for our customers we are making a profound social impact in the communities that we live, love and serve. We currently employ or contract more than 200 people across 41 districts in Ghana.
A social enterprise in the WASH & Agric sector is recruiting a Market and Value Chain Coordinator (MVCC) to be based in Tamale.
- Team: Agric
- Job Title: Market & Value Chain Coordinator
- Reports to: Agric Programs Manager
- Start Date: 1st July 2022
- Contract End Date: June 2023 (subject to renewal)
- Contract Type: Full Time (Fixed Time)
- Base monthly salary range: GHC 3,500.00 – 4,500.00
- Work location: Tamale with possible day and overnight travels to project operational areas.
- Reporting line relationships: Reports directly to the Agric Programs Manager
Work closely with the Gender & Entrepreneur Coordinator, Agronomist, project management, and the Senior Management Team to achieve program goals and objectives.
Have an indirect working relationship with the Country Manager/Director related to higher level technical needs.
General Job Description
Under the direct supervision of the Agric Programs Manager, the Market & Value Chain Coordinator will be responsible in developing targeted value chains and market strategy in iDE Ghana’s operational areas to stimulate demand, facilitate the functioning of markets, and inherently develop strategy to strengthen capacity of local implementing partners and market actors. She/He will conduct market research and build the marketing capacity of iDE Ghana agricultural projects implementation team, other clients and project partners. The holder of the position is also responsible for linking beneficiaries (farmers) to the appropriate market, value chain actors, and favorable market prices for their produce.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (modifications may be made at any time)
- Firstly, Lead the development of Market systems strategy to effectively support the overall objectives of project activities.
- Secondly, Conduct in-depth market analysis, identify and facilitate end market opportunities for iDE value chain crops and other value-added products.
- Thirdly, Collaborate with program team members to include mainstream and monitor implementation of the project’s market systems, gender equality & social inclusion, and climate smart strategies towards sustainability of project interventions.
- Furthermore, Work with program team to test and improve iDE Ghana strategies to meet project deliverables through engagement of market actors.
- Moreover, Provide technical support to project team and specialists on areas of cooperatives, markets, value chain and project management related issues.
- Additionally, Contribute on periodic progress reports, monitoring reports, and case studies to meet the in- house and donor reporting requirements.
- Finally, Contribute enhanced visibility of project, implementing partners on different forms and formats at different levels, where applicable.
Strengthening capacity of project partners and beneficiaries:
- Provide expert advice, leadership, and strengthen core capacities of Farm Business Advisors (FBAs) in developing innovative business services, new business partnerships, market-oriented business responses and effective market information system for value creation and impact to the beneficiaries.
- Identify and enhance relationships with market actors across iDE Small Holder Farmers (SHF) Value Chains.
- Prepare and implement an action plan on support provisions to VSLA groups, FBAs, and farmers.
- Support the FBAs to prepare business plans, operational plans, and other relevant policy documents, for their smooth implementation.
- Plan and manage the implementation of learning program (trainings, workshops, exposure visits), marketing, and value chain development
- Identify potential market actors and business development service providers and connect with FBAs for assured market and services.
Stakeholder engagement and partners coordination:
- To begin with, Develop new contacts and maintain partnerships with stakeholders, businesses, and institutions willing to partner and establish opportunities to leverage their activities to enhance the targeted value chains.
- Then, Coordinate and liaise with different Universities/Institutions for collaboration in research and internship placements.
- Also, Coordinate and collaborate with Federal government, Local government and other development partners for better market linkage and value chain development initiatives.
- Besides that, Continuously recommend strategic ideas and solutions that promote inclusive, competitive, and resilient conditions across market actors and stakeholders.
- Afterwards, Explore and collaborate with commodity associations, entrepreneurs’ associations, cooperative federations/associations on possible areas of interventions.
- Lastly, Represent, with consent from Programs Manager, the project at different meetings and events at different levels, where necessary.
Planning and monitoring of project interventions and knowledge management:
- Advise on organizing planned activities for marketing and value chain development of selected produce in consultation with project.
- Then, Plan and conduct gross-margin analysis and other relevant socio-economic studies in collaboration with Agronomist and Evidence and Analytics Unit.
- Also, With assistance from Evidence & Analytics Data & Systems Manager, develop data collection tools and techniques for monitoring of project related interventions including marketing volume and value of commodities at commercial pocket centers and cooperatives.
- Afterwards, Develop relevant training and extension materials, manuals, articles and guidelines related to agricultural marketing; cooperative/commercial pocket centers management and value chain upgrading.
- Last but not least, Develop, in consultation with project team, the value chain grant guideline and support on its operationalization; and
- Finally, Document best practices and lessons learnt of the project and support to replicate it.
How To Apply for this Career Opportunity at iDE Ghana
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, CVs with 2 current referees, relevant educational and NSS certificates to [email protected] on or before 10th June 2022.
In view of the anticipated volume of applications to be received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED