October 28th, 2023 at 11:02 am
Democracy International Invites Job Applications
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) is a US government contractor that implements projects for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the United States Department of State, and other agencies around the world.
DI is in charge of the USAID/Ghana Performance Accountability Activity (PAA), a five-year project that assists the Government of Ghana (GoG) and civil society groups (CSOs) in providing quality and accountable public services.
Reporting to: The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Democracy International (DI) is looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer for the USAID-funded five-year Performance Accountability Activity in Ghana. This activity will concentrate on strengthening civil society oversight and feedback on government performance in public service delivery, as well as assisting government, particularly at the local level, and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services.
This is founded on the notion that citizen participation and engagement are vital for ensuring that the government provides high-quality services while maintaining accountability. This is a full-time opportunity in Accra, Ghana. This post is solely available to Ghanaians.
The MEL Officer is in charge of supporting DI’s scope of activity in Ghana under the USAID-funded Performance Accountability Activity. The MEL Officer is in charge of the program’s internal MEL aspects, such as implementing the MEL plan, tracking performance indicators, ensuring data obtained is reliable, reporting indicator performance, and facilitating Pause and Reflect sessions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the gathering, analysis, and reporting of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Lead and manage the upkeep of project databases, tracking methods, and data management mechanisms, including data entry and updating on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with the technical team to implement the project MEL strategy, including assuring data consistency, MEL activity timeliness, and adherence to standard operating procedures and regulations.
- Encourage the use of pause and reflect sessions, as well as the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework, in program activities.
- In partnership with the technical team and grantees, create tools to analyze and monitor project operations.
- Provide strategic information, answer data requests, and guarantee that data visualization is successful.
- Help with the sub-grant part of the program, which includes putting MEL plans, activities, and tools into action and turning in deliverables related to MEL.
- Collaborate effectively with the Finance and Operations Manager on grant financial issues such as fund allocation, financial reporting, audits, and grant closure.
- Lead data verification efforts and provide data quality assurance.
- To support the project learning agenda and knowledge management, document best practices, lessons learned, and project processes.
- As needed, assist with report writing, grant oversight, and activity execution.
Required Qualifications or Experience
- A suitable bachelor’s or master’s degree in social science is required, as well as at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research strategies, data collection, data entry, and data analysis.
- Experience with development program performance monitoring and evaluation;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in social protection, democracy, governance, or similar technical fields is required.
- Working knowledge of data management and analysis applications such as SPSS, SAS, and others
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, and adaptability
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Knowledge of foreign donor norms and processes, preferably of USAID programs;
- Excellent written and vocal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to communicate and work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- In program execution, demonstrate a commitment to ethics, transparency, and accountability.
- Professional English fluency is necessary.
- Prior experience working on donor-funded initiatives is preferred.
How to Apply for this Democracy International Job
Closing Date: 22nd November, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED