Backfill Engineer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited’s Obuasi Gold Mine is almost done with the redevelopment phase, which will make it more modern, efficient, and long-term profitable. The underground mining operation is fully automated and is set up to mine an average of 5,000 t of ore per day.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated person to join our hardworking team as a Backfill Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To put the mine’s backfill needs into action, keep track of them, and make sure they are coordinated with the mine plan.
- Set up the Backfill Engineering processes and procedures needed for the Obuasi Mine’s redevelopment, including Operational Readiness.
- Secondly, Give clear planning data for Backfill Engineering so that the rolling quarterly plan can be updated every month on time.
- Then, Develop the quarterly budget for the Backfill Engineering cost center to meet the goals of the annual business plans.
- Also, Deliver the work of the Backfill Engineering function within the budget targets and timeframes, costs, and key performance indicators (KPIs) that have been approved.
- Moreover, Show leadership in safety and improve the Backfill Engineering Section’s culture in terms of safety, health, the environment, and sustainable development.
- Drive the implementation of projects with rigor and make sure the Backfill Engineering team has a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Lastly, Develop and keep good relationships with internal stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to find out what societal and regulatory expectations and requirements are and how they are changing.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc in Mining or Civil Engineering or the equivalent
- Three (3) years of operational experience in an underground mining environment, of which at least two (2) years are based on backfill systems;
- Shown experience and a basic understanding of how underground backfill works;
- Skilled at using Mining Software; Skilled at managing and controlling underground backfill operations for different types of fill;
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Safety (Advanced Application) (Advanced Application)
- Can find and understand safety risks and solve new problems, as well as make sure that the right focus and resources are available to reach safety goals.
- Take an active role in making sure that important controls are in place and working.
- Processes and practices for mining production (Basic Application)
- Understands how the mining process works and actively contributes to getting the expected result or service that the mining process is supposed to give.
- Has shown that they can use technical skills and/or provide a service in one or more mining processes with little supervision.
- Can spot possible problems and suggest solutions that are more likely to be accepted.
- Directly responsible for completing a part of the plan that has to do with production.
- Knows about good underground production practices, management, and support systems, as well as how they should work together to get the desired results.
- Operational Management (Basic Application)
- Knows how the AGA system of “how we work” works and uses the basic parts.
- Capable of leading and managing small groups of people.
- Cost-benefit analysis is used to set priorities and find the most cost-effective ways to do things.
- Knows how to read financial reports and how they affect the whole operation.
- actively looks for ways to keep costs down without affecting what was planned.
- Planning (Basic Application):
- Know how to come up with ventilation plans for an area or block of mining.
- Competent at figuring out how much a design will cost and how much it will make in order to drive business results.
- Understand all the small parts of a plan.
- Putting together a disciplined team that can do the planned work to the standards set.
- Managing oneself means taking responsibility for one’s own growth.
- Building good working relationships: the ability to build and keep good working relationships with colleagues and people in other departments;
- Getting the most out of performance and results—solving problems, analyzing issues, and pushing for results
How to Apply for this Backfill Engineer at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
Closing Date: 10th April 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED