University of Alberta Undergraduate Scholarship Application Process
A scholarship is awarded to 1 in 5 first-year students, in case you didn’t know. See what might be available for you by reading about the below-listed opportunities for application- and admissions-based scholarships.
Every year, the University of Alberta distributes $34 million in undergraduate scholarships, awards, and financial aid to students of all backgrounds, whether they are high achievers in the classroom, active members of the community, or all-around learners.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
The University of Alberta gives $34 million in undergraduate scholarships, awards, and financial help each year to students from all backgrounds, regardless of whether they are top students in their classes, engaged citizens, or all-around learners.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION GUIDELINES
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Log into the Awards Hub using your University of Alberta CCID and password.
- The General Application will be presented to you when you first log in. Although you are not required to finish the General Application right away, you must do so if you want to be considered for rewards.
- You might qualify for one or more Conditional Applications based on your University academic history and your General Application responses. The Conditional Applications you are qualified for will show up right below the General Application on the left side, if you are eligible.
- The information that is taken from your official university student file (4) and displayed to you via the Applicant Record button (3) will be utilized to evaluate your eligibility for awards.
Complete the application forms.
Make sure you have finished the General Application and any applicable Conditional Applications before applying for Awards.
- Mandatory fields in any application are marked with asterisks (*)
- You can save at any time by clicking the “Save and Keep Editing” button at the bottom of the form. We recommend that you save often.
- Once you are ready to submit your application, click the “Finish and Submit” button at the bottom of the form.
Submitted General and Conditional Applications will be checked off in the Application Progress section and can also be found in the My Applications dashboard.
Check for other recommended opportunities.
You might have Other Recommended Opportunities (1) in the Application Progress menu based on your responses to the General and Conditional Applications. You can view further awards for which you might be eligible by selecting Other Recommended Opportunities from the menu (2). The “Apply” button (3) can then be clicked to submit an application for these opportunities. Applications for Recommended Opportunities that have been submitted successfully will have “View Your Application” (4) under the actions.
You can run a keyword search on the page for Recommended Opportunities. Click on the name of an opportunity to read more about it.
CHECK YOUR REFERENCE REQUESTS
The majority of applications do not require a reference. If one is required, it would be requested in the application. The References menu and References Letters Submitted button will only be available if you have previously requested references.
- To view the Active References page, select the References menu item or References Letters Submitted button in the My Applications page, Status section.
MY APPLICATIONS DASHBOARD
Navigate to My Applications. The My Applications dashboard is a central place where you can see how your different applications are going.
The page may be broken down into five key areas:
You can see where your application is in the process in the Status section. The statuses could be Offer Accepted/Rejected, Post-Acceptance Submitted Details, Reference Letters Submitted, Recommended Opportunities Submitted, General Applications Submitted, and Post-Acceptance Submitted Details. You can view more information by clicking on each box.
Items that demand action are found in the “Needs Attention” section. These required steps can include answering any unanswered mandatory questions, accepting pending award offers, or finishing unfinished post-acceptance questionnaires.
Your completed General and Conditional Applications, which are the main applications that need to be completed in order to be considered for prizes, can be found in the General Applications area.
In the Current section, there are other award applications and data from the current cycle. There is no further action necessary. This group includes all applications that were awarded, all award offers that were accepted, all award offers that were rejected, and all award offers that had post-acceptance questionnaires filled out.
ACCEPT OR DECLINE AWARDS
If you receive an award offer, you must accept it before you can receive funding. If you don’t plan to go to the University of Alberta or if you no longer meet the requirements for the award, please turn down the offer so we can give it to someone else who does. Please get in touch with the Student Service Center for support if you unintentionally refuse your award.
- If you are offered an award, you will see a notification message at the top of the page the next time you sign into the applicant portal. Click on “Review the Offer” to accept or decline the award offer. Please note that if you click on “Review the Offer,” the notification will not appear the next time, regardless of if you take any action on it. You will always be able to find your awards in the My Applications dashboard.
- The award record of the offer will be displayed in the Needs Attention section, found on the My Applications dashboard. This record will display the award name, the status of Offered, the amount, and the “Accept” button.
- Upon clicking the “Accept” button, you will navigate to the Offer Letter page that allows you to accept or decline. This page will also provide general information about the award and how your award will be applied. You can see the eligibility criteria of the award and the value on the Details page at the top right corner.
- After selecting to accept the offer, the Post Acceptance Acknowledgement page will be displayed. You must review the acknowledgment and select either Yes or No. Answering no to the statement will not affect your eligibility for the award you have been offered, however, you must complete this in order for the funds to be disbursed to your account. Once completed, please select the “Finish and Submit” button in order to complete the post-acceptance requirement.
- Once the award offer is accepted and the post-acceptance acknowledgment is submitted, the corresponding award record will be displayed in the Current section with the “Post-Acceptance for (award name),” the status of Submitted, the accepted amount, and the “Update” button.
Tips for Your Scholarship Application
When you fill out a scholarship application, you can talk about your best qualities and accomplishments at the University of Alberta and in your community.
Information for Funding Recipients
If the University of Alberta offers you a scholarship, award, or bursary, you will need to accept the offer before you can get funding. See below for more details on the next steps. (If you are receiving funding from another organization, please follow up with them for information on how to receive your funds).
Information for Funding Recipients
If the University of Alberta offers you a scholarship, award, or bursary, you will need to accept the offer before you can get funding. See below for more details on the next steps. (If you are receiving funding from another organization, please follow up with them for information on how to receive your funds.)
You will receive various emails automatically generated by the Awards Hub. Emails will come from “email@example.com via academicworks.com.” Your University of Alberta email may flag these emails as potential spam. If this happens, please click on the “Looks safe” button to recognize this email as a legitimate sender.
Accept or Decline Your Funding Offer
If you receive an award offer, you must accept it before you can receive funding. Your award offer will contain the terms of your prize. If you don’t plan to go to the University of Alberta next year or if you no longer meet the requirements for the award, please turn down the offer so we can give it to someone else who does. Please contact the Student Service Center for support if you mistakenly refuse your award.
How to Receive Your Funds
In order to receive your funds, you must:
- Accept your award offer.
- Meet the terms and conditions of the award
- Maintain full-time registration status at the University of Alberta in the faculty/department specified. Should your registration drop to part-time, your funding will be prorated.
How to Thank Your Donor
Several undergraduate awards at the University of Alberta are made possible by the generosity of donors. Even if you submit an application to a broad scholarship competition, it’s likely that you will receive cash in the form of unique rewards supported by donors. Donor information will be included in your Notice of Award letter.
Please take a moment to Thank Your Donor. It only takes a few minutes, but it means a lot to our donors and goes a long way toward ensuring their continued generosity for future students like you!
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterwards, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED