The Rainforest Alliance Job Opportunity
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group
ROLE: Senior Associate Integrated Landscape Management
Rainforest Alliance is co-founder of the 1000 Landscapes for a Billion People (1000L) initiative, a multi-partner program that promotes the Integrated Landscape Management (ILM) approach with landscape partnerships around the world. ILM brings together the most important stakeholders in a landscape to develop and implement a commonly agreed action plan to sustainably manage the resources in a landscape. This position will contribute to the efficient management and implementation of Rainforest Alliance global grant funded projects coming in support of 1000L. Additionally, it will promote and support the adoption of tools and services promoted by 1000L in strategic Rainforest Alliance landscape initiatives and contribute to the growth of landscape-scale work in Rainforest Alliance.
- Undertake the day-to-day oversight and management of the projects supporting the Design Phase (2020-23) of the 1000L initiative, under the guidance of the Senior Advisor.
- Prepare the technical and financial reports of the projects, and partner contracts, liaising with the other 1000L partners and internally with finance, compliance and monitoring, evaluation & learning colleagues.
- Contribute to 1000L management and technical working groups, which are leading the development of the tools and services.
- Serve as point person to test the 1000L tools and services around technology, capacity, finance, and networks with Rainforest Alliance supported landscape initiatives.
- Support fundraising to generate financial resources for 1000L in coordination with partners.
- Contribute to Rainforest Alliance’s ILM Community of Practice.
- Work on other opportunities that arise to promote ILM internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree/professional qualification in a science field related to conservation and international development
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably related to participatory land use planning processes
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Excellent planning, organizational and report writing skills with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with diverse stakeholders from local to global
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- Experience working in consortia preferred
- High level of written and verbal proficiency in English, French preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of the time, nationally and internationally
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply for Rainforest Alliance Job Opportunity
Deadline: July 8, 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED