Exciting Career Opportunity at Rainforest Alliance
About Rainforest Alliance
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. Therefore, to achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
However, Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Also, Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
Moreover, We are an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation. We understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
In conclusion, Rainforest Alliance combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. However, For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a result-oriented and collaborative Senior Officer, Certification Body (CB) Monitoring to continuously strengthen our assurance system in Africa.
However, The Senior Officer CB Monitoring monitors and assesses the performance of certification bodies working with Rainforest Alliance to guarantee consistency, credibility, higher standards and compliance to assurance procedures and protocols to safeguard integrity of the organization’s standards. Notwithstanding, The Senior Officer will report into the Manager, CB Monitoring as part of the Standards & Assurance department.
- Firstly, The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Secondly, The Senior Officer CB Monitoring is responsible for the following, particularly in the region under her/his scope:
- Thirdly, Developing, executing and continually improving the CB monitoring program;
- Moreover, Performing CB Monitoring audits with the Rainforest Alliance;
- Additionally, Managing CB Monitoring audits and their follow-up activities;
- More so, Oversees the deliverables and activities of a group of highly skilled auditors in the monitoring program;
- Afterwards, Developing, implementing and continually improving assigned policies and rules;
- Also, driving the Rainforest Alliance strategy to strengthen its assurance system in the assigned region alongside other teams
- Finally, Translating insights from the field into improvements in the Rainforest Alliance Standard and Assurance system.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree agronomic engineering, agronomy, environmental science, international development or related;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in auditing and certification systems;
- Also, Three years of experience in the UTZ or the Rainforest Alliance certification systems. Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 17065 and ISO 19011;
- Fluency verbal and written communication skills in English and French; other languages are a plus;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals. Initiative, strong attention to detail;
- Experience with document management and data management/analysis preferred; and
- Lastly, the ability to travel a minimum of 30% per year, mostly within the region.
Commensurate with experience.
How To Apply for Rainforest Alliance Jobs
Deadline: Friday, April 29
Notes: Only candidates authorized to work in Ghana, Ivory Coast and Kenya will be considered.
- Broadway Pharmaceuticals Invites Job Applications
- Teaching Jobs Available at a Private School
- MASSIVE RECRUITMENT || African Union Available Job Vacancies
- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Job Vacancy
- Dangote Group Latest Job Opportunity
- Job opportunities at a reputable international company
- Bloomberg News Company Calls For Job Applications
- Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) Job Vacancy
- Teaching Job at a prestigious international school
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED