About Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP)
Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) is a not-for-profit company that helps transform cities to benefit the millions who lack access to water and sanitation. We were created in 2005 as a response to the urban explosion that has left many cities unable to provide basic services, such as access to a toilet or drinking water, to low-income communities. We work alongside local providers, enabling them to develop services, build infrastructure and attract funding so that they can reach low-income communities.
We work in seven countries in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia, supported by an office in the UK. Since inception we have helped over 30 million people access improved water, sanitation and hygiene services. WSUP’s innovative approach to creating impact is guided by our values, which are the common fundamental beliefs and principles that guide us. All our staff are expected to embody these values in their day to day work and interactions. To learn more about our values, please see www.wsup.com/about/work-with-us/.
Global Marketing Lead at Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP)
About the role
Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) is looking for an experienced marketing professional with a passion for helping organisations deliver better products, services, and experiences for their customers. This role is NOT primarily concerned with marketing of WSUP itself, nor marketing for fundraising.
A huge part of WSUP’s approach involves strengthening service providers within ou programme countries, to serve the needs of their poorest and most vulnerable consumer segments. This means working with water utilities, sanitation businesses, innovators and enterprises to ensure low-income communities have access to clean water and safe, dignified toilet facilities, and practice positive hygiene behaviours. It is to these organisations to which we are providing marketing insight and support. This ties to one of our key values which is ‘Think Business’.
The overall purpose of the Marketing Lead is to develop WSUP’s internal capability to
support utilities and WASH enterprises, helping them to improve marketing communications, develop stronger brands and better engage customers and other key stakeholders through effective campaigns. Integral to this approach will be the strengthening of WSUP’s Country Programme teams, helping them to understand and target low-income consumers efficiently and appropriately, by considering what they think, feel and do, as well as how to measure the effectiveness of communications and engagement strategies. Whilst the role has nom direct line management responsibility, the Marketing Lead is regularly involved in influencing decision making and direction of projects as well as the strategic direction for WSUP’s incountry work when it comes to changing mindsets and selling concepts; this is in close collaboration with the project teams and Senior Country Management.
You will be expected to contribute directly to programme deliverables, as agreed with our
funders, and deliver capability building and training across WSUP and within our partner
Main responsibilities & tasks
- Lead the design and delivery of project outputs which focus on marketing, sales and customer management by providing support to the Global Programmes Team, the Partnership and Communications Team and Country Programme teams as required, across the project lifecycle.
- Work with service providers, enterprises, and relevant third-party consultants to develop marketing strategies, customer satisfaction and loyalty initiatives as well as campaign and communications plans based on consumer and employee insights and long-term business goals.
- Co-develop with Project Leads the Terms of Reference, and the selection and management of third-party consultants and suppliers related to consumer research, marketing creative, media and communications deliverables.
- To further improve design and effectiveness of marketing-related programmes you will provide guidance for research related to gathering consumer insights, segmentation strategies, communications testing and the measurement of campaign effectiveness.
Evidence that applicants meet the essential criteria will be assessed by the following methods: Application (A), Test (T) and Interview (I), as indicated below.
Qualifications and experience
- A relevant marketing qualification (A).
- Experience conducting customer and market research to inform marketing and customer segmentation strategies (A, I).
- Experience developing marketing strategies within strategic business plans (A,I).
- Proven track record in designing and implementing effective marketing
campaigns that have affected behaviour change (A,I).
- Experience of leading workshops with a wide variety of participants from different sectors and roles in society (A,I).
- Experience of working in a non-UK context, e.g. with multinational firms, sales agencies, consultancies, or not for profit agencies (A,I).
- Experience of copywriting; generating narrative across different channels, which grabs the attention of target audiences (A,I)
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, brand, sales and advertising tools and concepts (I,T).
- Understanding of marketing principles and their application to driving customer satisfaction and loyalty (I).
- Knowledge of procurement processes for engaging consultants and external support (A,I).
Visit https://www.wsup.com/content/uploads/2022/01/Global-Marketing-Lead-Job-Description.pdf to see more of Job description
Mode of Application
Application deadline: Monday 25 April 2022
- NEW MODERN WORLD COMPANY CALLS FOR JOB APPLICATIONS
- Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology New Job Recruitment
- JOB VACANCY AT THERMOTECH ENGINEERING & PROJECTS LTD
- Clean Team Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Exciting Job Opportunities at Twitter
- AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited Job Recruitment – April 2022
- World Food Programme Latest Employment Opportunities
- Jumia Group Latest Job Opportunity
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED