USAID Advancing Nutrition is USAID’s flagship multi-sectoral nutrition project that seeks to improve the nutritional status and health of vulnerable populations around the globe. USAID Advancing Nutrition is the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) flagship multisectoral nutrition project, led by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), and a diverse group of experienced partners.
In Ghana, the project provides technical support and assessment services to advance the Government of Ghana’s efforts to improve district planning for equitable delivery of services that promote household resilience and early childhood growth and development. It is implemented in 17 districts in four regions – Northern, Upper East, Upper West and North East regions.
In March 2021, USAID Advancing Nutrition collaborated with the NDPC to conduct a landscape mapping to identify stakeholders, bottlenecks, barriers, and drivers related to nutrition programming and coordination at the national, regional and district levels. Among the technical capacity gaps highlighted by the nutrition landscape mapping was the limited understanding of nutrition among the non-health actors/sectors at the district level. This serves as a limitation to the prioritization of FNS in multisectoral planning and implementation. The landscape mapping also identified the lack of knowledge in nutrition communication, which makes it difficult for nutrition officers to convince decision makers to make the needed financial and programmatic investments to address the problem of malnutrition.
To help address these gaps in the 17 districts, USAID Advancing Nutrition is collaborating with Regional Coordinating Councils (RCCs) and Regional Health Directorates to hold training workshops on how to communicate issues of nutrition to key stakeholders. These workshops will take place in the Northern, North East, Upper East and Upper West regions. We will use these workshops to increase understanding among non-health actors at the district level of the role of nutrition to the development of the human resource, and how that impacts productivity and other aspects of development in their districts and the nation as a whole. We will also impart knowledge and skills to health staff on how to engage and communicate with decision makers to prioritize investment in nutrition, as well as how to get other sectors to contribute to the drive to address malnutrition.
ROLE: Nutrition Training Consultant
The training workshops will take place in March at selected venues in the Northern, North East, Upper East and Upper West regions. Specific dates will be negotiated with the key regional and district stakeholders.
Reporting: The Nutrition Training Consultant will report to the National Support Manager
Increase knowledge and understanding of nutrition and its role in national development among non-health actors at the district level.
The nutrition communicating training will cover, among others:
- Packaging nutrition information
- Identifying key stakeholders
- Methods of communicating with the key stakeholders
- Nested Shipping Ghana LTD Job Vacancies
- EduSpots Invites Job Applications
- Okomfo Anokye Rural Bank February 2022 Job Openings
- Review data/literature on nutrition, malnutrition, communication and advocacy to develop power point presentations for the training workshop.
- Develop exercises or activities to use as a guide for group works during breakout sessions.
- Share presentation and breakout session activities with USAID Advancing Nutrition Ghana prior to the training workshop.
- Facilitate training sessions by making power point presentation and lead discussions
- Conduct breakout sessions/group activities to enable participants to practice the skills or explore further, experiences regarding the subject matter
- Develop and submit a workshop report
- Training workshop report
- Other relevant materials (presentation)
The timeline for completing the assignment is 12 working days
Required Skills or Experience
- A masters’ degree in communication science, health communication or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a communications expert in the development sector.
- In-depth knowledge and skills in communication and communicating for change.
- Experience in workshop facilitation, adult learning or imparting knowledge to others.
- Knowledge or experience working on issues concerning maternal, newborn and child health, food and nutrition security or related fields will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send their proposals including their daily rates, and consultancy history via [email protected]
Closing Date: by February 28, 2022
Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Publicis West Africa Calls For Job Applications
- Latest Job Recruitment At Old Mutual
- Graduates Trainees Recruitment at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Guinness Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Qatar Airways Exciting Career Opportunity
- ONGOING RECRUITMENT || Golder Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED