New Job Opportunity at UNICEF
In Ghana, UNICEF cooperates with the Government and other partners to defend the rights of children and help them fulfill their potential. Besides, With offices in Accra and Tamale, the UNICEF team seeks to achieve results in strategic programme areas.
Also, The current Country Programme of cooperation is align with the Government priorities, the UN Sustainable Development Partnership (UNSDP) and Key Results for Children (KRCs) in the West and Central African Region (immunization, nutrition, learning outcomes, ending child marriage and ending open defecation). Note that, UNICEF main strategies include evidence-based advocacy, system strengthening, integrated programming across sectors, emergency preparedness and response, and innovation.
POSITION: Digital Communication Officer
How can you make a difference?
Digital Communication forms a substantive part of the strategic output of the Communication and Advocacy Section. It is also an essential component to the overarching goals contained in the UNICEF Communication and Advocacy Strategy as UNICEF seeks to nearly double its supporter bases to engage 100 million individuals to volunteer, advocate and engage and then, create platforms and opportunities for children and young people to drive progress and demand accountability. Digital platforms are frequently used by influential and/or youth audiences in Ghana. More than 50 percent of the population of Ghana use the internet and 26.1 percent of the population are active social media users. The position of Digital Communication Officer – which reports to the Chief, Advocacy and Communication – plays a strategic role in the UNICEF Ghana Country Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for digital advocacy ·
- Lead content creator and editor for UNICEF Ghana
- Responsible for ensuring online donor visibility and recognition
- Manage U-Report
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of activities
Key functions, accountabilities, and related duties/tasks:
- To begin with, Managing Digital platforms: UNICEF Ghana’s digital communication channels – website, social media, and U-Report portal – are up-to-date at all times. This will be done in support of the digital communication strategy, regional and global campaigns and priorities, and to support donor visibility, and – where necessary fundraising efforts. Respond to Questions or comments posted by users in a regular and timely manner.
- Secondly, Digital advocacy: The Digital content is produced and published according to timelines set out in the editorial calendar, adapted to make best use of each digital channel. Social media campaigns are planned and delivered in line with UNICEF Ghana’s key advocacy priorities. Social media campaigns also support – where appropriate – UNICEF Global thematic priorities.
- Then, Lead content creator and editor for UNICEF Ghana social media accounts and website, refining and growing quality content, audiences and engagement. Plan and coordinate social media content across several platforms. Identify new opportunities to continually improve our presence across digital platforms to deepen engagement with supporters.
- Also, Relationship management with key social media influencers and online youth advocates: an engagement strategy with social media influencers and online youth advocates is regularly updated and implemented, yielding strong initiatives.
- Moreover, Online Donor Visibility and Recognition: The position holder will be responsible for adequately ensuring the online visibility for strategic donors and work with the Chief, Comms & Advocacy and the Communication Specialist on other channels (offline/traditional) for further donor visibility and recognition.
- Finally, Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of activities to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of UNICEF Ghana’s digital communication efforts. Share Results and reports on timely basis.
To join our team as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media at the national level.
- Fieldwork experience · Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Strong understanding of photography and presentation software
- Experience using PPC platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) · Experience with optimizing dynamic content for database-driven web sites
- Solid analytical skills with key performance metrics utilizing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Omniture, Bing Webmaster Tools)
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Firstly, Builds and maintains partnerships
- Secondly, Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Thirdly, Drive to achieve results for impact
- Moreover, Innovates and embraces change
- Furthermore, Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Afterwards, Thinks and acts strategically
- Lastly, Works collaboratively with others
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts(I)
- Relating and Networking(I)
- Persuading and Influencing (I)
- Applying Technical Expertise (I)
- Learning and Researching (II)
- Planning and Organizing (II)
- Creating and Innovating (II)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Also, UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates has to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Closing Date : 19th May. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- United Nations Population Fund New Jobs
- Job Vacancy Notice || Rural Bank Jobs for May 2022
- Apply Now || Donewell Insurance Ltd Job Opportunities
- Current Aviation Jobs in Ghana 2022
- Social Housing Company Available Jobs
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED