VIS GHANA is a recognized Italian NGO working in Ghana since 2015. The organization is established in the Greater Accra and Bono and Bono East region, with an office in Ashaiman and one in Sunyani, implementing development projects in partnership with the Salesians of Don Bosco.
The main sectors of intervention in the country are: migration and development; education, professional training; capacity building; environment.
VIS – Volontariato Internazionale per lo sviluppo, in partnership with Don Bosco Youth Network – West Africa (DBYN) and Me2You International Ghana, is currently implementing the project “Education is the passport of the future.
Improving Ghanaian education system focusing on methodologies, curricula and extracurricular activities” funded by ENI.
The proposed Action aims to foster vulnerable children and youth comprehensive skills development through their increased access to quality, safe and human rights-based learning paths within primary, secondary schools and TVET centres of Sanzule, in the Western Region of Ghana.
Roles and responsibilities
The Job Service Office will be involved in the activities 3.1 and 3.2 of the project. S/he will be based at Charlotte Dolphyne Vocational Training Institute in Sanzule/Krisan, to facilitate the access to the labour market of students that have attended the training courses delivered at the TVET, focusing on students’ CV orientation and job coaching, enhancing the match between the enterprises and the students.
The goal of the JSO is to link the technical Institute to the local market, strengthening the public-private collaboration between the Institute and other main stakeholders involved in the job market, such as rural and touristic entrepreneurs, companies and the public sector.
The JSO is responsible to:
- Inform the youth and lead them to design, monitor and evaluate a personal and vocational life, including relevant training pathways.
- Support the trainees of the Charlotte Dolphyne Training Institute in the process of job placement providing legal support and guidance while searching for a job.
- Provide adequate guidance to those students who are the most vulnerable and face more challenges in finding a placement.
- Support students also in the preparation of all the documents/steps required to apply for a job (e.g. CV and motivation letters, simulations of interviews, etc…)
- Ensure that the skills developed in the TVET are relevant to the local labour market.
- Map the market actors divided per trade, scope and range of possible cooperation.
- Design, in cooperation with the partner and stakeholders identified, school-to-work paths (ex. internships, apprenticeships) able to let students acquire competences into quality based WBL (Work-Based learning) environments.
- Facilitate cooperation and partnership with the public and private sector for placement or internship and work.
- Improve internal and external networking.
- Carry out activities to track students’ formative success.
- Evaluate the impact of the TVET centers’ trainings in the job placement.
- Organization and implementation of open school, business and career/business events throughout the academic year in order to raise students’, business and public policy actors awareness on the promotion of employable oriented opportunities in the area.
The responsible of the Job Service Office identified will attend one month training in Don Bosco Technical Institute in Ashaiman under the supervision of the Don Bosco Job Service Officer.
It will be planned as a peer-learning and job shadowing experience in order to allow him/her to build up his/her competences in this particular field. S/he will be followed and supported for 24 months by the JSO of the TVET Centre of Ashaiman.
How To Apply
Remuneration and duration
- Start date: January 2022
- End date: December 2022 (with possibility of extension)
- Working hours are typically 8:30 am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- The foreseen gross monthly salary is 2,300.00 GHS
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter at: [email protected]
Closing Date: by Friday 07/01/2022 (h. 17.00 Ghana time).
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED