MEL Specialist – IPADEV Project at Plan International
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This position will support and supervise the monitoring, evaluation, studies, research, and dissemination of the IPADEV Project findings in schools, health centers, and communities in the North East and Oti Regions’ West Mamprusi and Jasikan Municipalities, respectively. Ensure that the results are used to improve the project’s quality.
Responsible for the development of community-based monitoring and feedback mechanisms, as well as ensuring that all monitoring and evaluation activities are carried out in accordance with Plan International’s child protection/safeguarding and ethical principles, and for promoting beneficiary accountability.
- Ensures ensuring project outcomes are met and reported on via the project’s M&E system.
- Then, Assists the Project Manager in the design, planning, and management of the IPADEV Project in the North East and Oti Regions.
- Also, Ensures, under the supervision of the Project Manager, that District Coordinators assist partner NGOs and community volunteers in the coordination, planning, and delivery of all IPADEV Project-related M&E activities.
- With the assistance of the MER Manager, ensures that all reviews, studies, research, and evaluations planned for the fiscal year (FY) are carried out to support the IPADEV project.
- Moreover, Ensures that the MER consultants offer good quality findings (assistance in evaluating the methodology, the relevance of the tools, and the quality of the report submitted) and value for money.
- In collaboration with the CO M&E team and other WASH, Education, Health, and ECCD specialists, liaises with NO to initiate and finalize data collection systems for the IPADEV project to support timely MER actions.
- With the assistance of the MER Manager, teach implementing partners and other key stakeholders on M&E and data collection technologies (including MIS).
- Sets up and maintains the IPADEV project’s information system, as well as ensuring quality MIS data gathering.
- Assists Project Coordinators in preparing all donor-required reports in a timely and high-quality way.
- Contributes to the updating of program initiatives based on lessons learned and best practices
- Aids project workers in the creation of monitoring instruments and their application to quality control.
- Gender is mainstreamed in all IPADEV-related activities, and gender awareness toward staff and Plan associates is maintained to avoid gender discrimination.
- Contact at the highest possible level: Internal: the Project level program team and other MER unit members;
- Contacts at a medium level include the Project Operations team and technical advisors stationed in Colorado.
- Low-level contacts include the Country Management Team (CMT) and CO-level operations.
Technical knowledge, skills, and competence
- Education, training, and experience are all ways to gain knowledge.
- A master’s degree in demographics, measuring, planning, monitoring and evaluation, development studies, social sciences, or a related discipline is required.
- Experience in program planning, monitoring, evaluation, or research for at least 5 years is required.
- Knowledge of development-related programming in WASH, Health, Education, and Early Childhood Development is advantageous.
- At least 5 years of experience working with INGOs and managing a donor-funded project is required.
- In-depth understanding of project planning, management, monitoring, and assessment processes, procedures, and systems.
- Design, entry, and analysis of excel tables, access, as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills are required. SAP and PMEARL experience is preferred.
- Experience with community-based monitoring and evaluation approaches that are child-friendly
- Excellent writing abilities (report writing, etc.)
- Capability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent active listening and group facilitation abilities
- Dedicated to meeting deadlines
- Excellent listening skills
- capable of putting up effort towards adaption
- Teamwork is essential.
- Being proactive and anticipatory is essential.
- Ability to work under duress
How to Apply for MEL Specialist at Plan International
Closing Date: 4th May 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED