Latest Job Opportunity at Jumia
POSITION: Chief Commercial Officer
Jumia is the most popular pan-African e-commerce site. Jumia’s purpose, since its inception in 2012, has been to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to provide innovative, convenient, and inexpensive online services to customers, while also assisting companies in growing as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Among our platforms are the following:
- We integrate with our vendors and handle products on the marketplace.
- Mall, our primary e-commerce site via which users may purchase things;
Logistics solution that allows for the shipment and delivery of packages from vendors to consumers and our external clients;
- Payment service that facilitates transactions between participants on our platform that are active in our markets.
- Consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, including fashion, electronics, and beauty products, as well as hotel and travel bookings and restaurant delivery, via our online platforms.
Jumia has over 5,000 employees in more than ten African nations and is headed by top-talented leaders who offer a great combination of local and international capabilities. Additionally, very well-known shareholders support it. Jumia is dedicated to making a long-term difference in Africa. Jumia provides one-of-a-kind possibilities in a thriving environment, creating new jobs and skills and empowering a new generation.
The Chief Commercial Officer is responsible for Jumia’s commercial performance in his or her nation.
He/she is in charge of the company’s profit and loss; he/she manages all major account management, marketplaces, commercial planning, and cross-border e-commerce teams.
This is unquestionably one of the most senior and important positions at Jumia. The value of the organization is heavily reliant on the Chief Commercial Officer’s ability to make sound judgments and manage the team toward execution while maintaining and developing the best personnel.
When it comes to analyzing Jumia’s performance trajectory versus the business plan, the Chief Commercial Officer is the primary point of contact for investors, Group CEOs, Group CCOs, and the country CEO.
Finally, the Chief Commercial Officer is accountable for providing a world-class customer and vendor experience through the proper assortment, excellent online ergonomics, the greatest prices, and the most inventive marketing efforts.
Your responsibilities as CCO include the following:
Overachieving Net Merchandise Value (NMV) Goals
- PC1 (gross margin)
- Assortment of items for sale
- Active seller base
- Net Promoter Score of the Vendor
- Pricing positioning index (in development)
- Share of Jumia Express
Building, managing, and growing a talented team across four departments
- Management of key accounts, management of the largest sellers on Jumia Marketplace, management of the tail of merchants from acquisition to performance, and management of operations
- Commercial planning is organizing commercial activities around weekly campaigns and major events such as Black Friday, analyzing performance to identify development prospects, controlling inventory, and managing prices.
- Cross-border e-commerce (Jumia Global), collaborating with our teams in China and
- Europe to enable international seller development on our local platforms.
- Developing close professional and personal relationships with senior executives from the brand and seller sides (Intel, Lenovo, Sony, Xiaomi, and so on).
- Knowing and anticipating market trends, knowing seller and consumer demands, and being acknowledged as an authority in your market both internally and externally
- Communicating a clear vision of what you intend to achieve to the team, management, and functional leaders
- Organizing major business events like Black Friday, Jumia’s anniversary, and Mobile Week
- Ensuring a balance between the customer and seller experiences, allowing for unprecedented expansion in our seller base and assortment while protecting the customer experience
- Setting up a solid pricing plan to offer the most diverse variety of genuine products at the lowest possible price
- By being heavily involved in our technological advances, we can provide a very friendly user experience for both vendors and consumers.
A successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
Overall, we are searching for passionate individuals who can bring energy and clarity to Jumia.
- Excellent managerial and interpersonal abilities
- Strong motivation and exceptional commercial capabilities
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Capability to plan, structure, and organize
- Stress-resistance Finding simple solutions to difficult situations
- A one-of-a-kind experience in a disciplined yet entrepreneurial atmosphere
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have a significant impact on the development of the
- African e-commerce sector
- The chance to work as part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional development, as our long-term goal is to teach the next generation of leaders.
How to Apply for this Job Opportunity at Jumia
Closing Date: January 10, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED