January 16th, 2024 at 10:23 am
Job Vacancy at Sweden-Ghana Medical Centre
POSITION: Senior Biomedical Engineer
Sweden Ghana Medical Centre is West Africa’s first and only private cancer care center of excellence. SGMC provides comprehensive cancer care; our highly skilled team uses cutting-edge technology and European-standard treatment methodologies to give high-quality radiation therapy. In addition, the Center uses state-of-the-art CT-based 3D treatment planning and virtual simulation tools to make sure that radiation only hits cancerous tissues and not healthy ones. Our cancer treatment regimens and cutting-edge radiation procedures give all of our patients the best chance of surviving cancer and improving their quality of life.
Our team spirit is our greatest asset. We are open and eager to learn from the varied perspectives of our colleagues, and we are constantly striving to improve our skills. Moreover, we all share responsibility for SGMC’s future and for improving the services we provide to patients from all over Africa. We share knowledge, ideas, and information openly and honestly, in an atmosphere of transparency, trust, and mutual respect. Also, we adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards. We seek to alleviate the burden of cancer in everything we do.
Criteria for Job Function and Related Performance
SGMC has a bold vision: we want to be the industry’s top innovator, with skilled workers who are driven to provide the best patient outcomes for our clients. As we aim to provide the most effective therapy to our patients, we want to contribute to cancer treatment and research. Finally, we want to develop a healthy organization with a business model that works in Africa and best practices that will allow us to expand our significant role in private oncology care in West Africa.
As a Senior Biomedical Engineer, you will be expected to behave under SGMC’s objective of being a center of excellence and to contribute to a professional and pleasant environment among colleagues as well as inpatient contacts. Furthermore, you will be expected to follow the codes and appropriate standards of your professional licensing organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a senior biomedical engineer, you will be required to execute to a high standard while meeting the following general Job requirements, the details of which will be supplied to you in your job description:
- Inspect all equipment for functioning status and give a certificate to that effect, as well as a certificate of Beyond Economic Repair for all equipment to be written off.
- Confirm the state of the equipment in inventory to reassure end users that the equipment, particularly radiotherapy equipment, may still be utilized, or to answer concerns made by radiotherapists and give documentary evidence.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance and calibration on all installed equipment.
- Create a master list of spares and parts needed for routine service and preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Schedule all medical equipment maintenance and repair services.
- Hospital personnel training and mentoring, as well as medical equipment and device safety.
- Short-notice emergency response service for equipment maintenance and repair services.
- Operational Services for Equipment (daily checks/monitoring operations and recording in logbooks, emergency response, and repairs on short notice).
- Work in your assigned function or in other responsibilities as assigned by the Technical Services Manager.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Expertise: The ideal applicant will have a minimum of 7 years of LINEAR ACCELERATOR (Elekta Synergy) expertise.
- Education: A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering from an accredited university is required.
- License/Certification: Current, up-to-date certification by relevant councils and bodies as required.
- The candidate must be willing to learn and become acquainted with working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work on one’s initiative
- Highly efficient documentation skills
- Excellent analytical abilities
Remuneration: Above-market performance
Accra is the location.
How to Apply for this Job Vacancy at Sweden Ghana Medical Centre
All interested candidates should send their CVs and applications to: email@example.com
Deadline: February 14, 2024.
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED