Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. The company is a global health leader and is a nonprofit public health management consulting and research company dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities worldwide. (JSI) is undertaking the USAID-funded Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana, which was recently extended.
Ghana Continuum Strengthening Project (GSCCP)
In Ghana, JSI is undertaking the expanded USAID Strengthening the Care Continuum Project. The goal of this extension is to allow Care Continuum to expand existing support to the Government of Ghana (GOG) and to accelerate Ghana’s progress toward the UNAIDS goal of 95-95-95 by achieving epidemic control in one or more high HIV disease-burdened regions by scaling up evidence-based interventions.
Active case detection of people living with HIV (PLHIV) in the Western Region (WR), Western North Region (WNR), and Ahafo Region (AR), putting and keeping them on treatment, and guaranteeing viral suppression would be among the activities. USAID is funding the initiative through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
S/he will be in charge of Finance, Operations, and Logistics Management in the Western North and Ahafo Regions, including but not limited to procurement, HR, and administrative tasks. This officer will coordinate regional activities with the programs and technical teams, as well as offer administrative support for workshops, meetings, and training.
- Job Description: This is a full-time employment based in GOASO, AHAFO REGION, Ghana.
- Relationship of Reporting: She/he will report directly to the Finance and Operations Manager.
- Employment Timeline: The position is planned to be filled immediately and will last until February 2024.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Finance & Operations Officer will be in charge of coordinating the project’s finance, procurement, operations, human resources, and administration with the Field office in Takoradi, Western Region. This collaboration covers the following activities:
- Responsible for preparing the project offices’ monthly cash flow needs in the Western North and Ahafo regions. This will be forwarded to Takoradi’s Finance and Operations Officer for collation and finalization.
- Each year, collaborate with the rest of the finance and operational teams to prepare the annual PEPFAR Expenditure Reporting.
- Coordination of CSO activities in the Western and Ahafo regions with the Grant team.
- Ensure that any Withholding Tax Certificates and VAT Relief Purchase Orders (VRPO) owing to suppliers in the Western North and Ahafo regions are collected and handed over.
- Responsible for photocopying or scanning all finance and procurement documents and delivering them to Takoradi’s Senior Finance and Compliance Manager for further processing.
- Collect and review all utility bills (water, telephone, light, and postage) for the offices in the Western North and Ahafo regions.
- Perform any additional duties, tasks, or activities as assigned by the Finance and Operations Manager (FOM) and the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO).
- Prepare any monthly reports as ordered by the FOM.
- Coordinate and communicate with the following teams to ensure that activities are carried out smoothly.
- HR and Admin
- Programs and technical
Required Qualifications or Experience
- Degree in Accounting or a certification from a professional accounting or financial management course.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as an accountant or financial/administrative officer, preferably on a US Government-funded project.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel), as well as QuickBooks accounting software, as well as outstanding English writing and communication abilities are required.
- Capability to work as a team and with little supervision.
- Experience supervising support staff is required.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and supervisory abilities; Excellent written and spoken English skills; Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Experience with an international NGO is preferred.
- Ability to handle delicate situations correctly while maintaining a high level of secrecy at all times.
How to Apply for this Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to Ghana.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance and Operations Officer-GOASO.”
Closing Date: The deadline for applications is October 20, 2023.
Qualified candidates from the Ahafo Region will be given special consideration. Please keep in mind that due to the enormous volume of applications, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted. There will be no phone calls or walk-ins.
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED