Job Recruitment at International Potato Center (CIP)
The International Potato Center (CIP), a CGIAR Research Center, is looking for a Senior Officer in Knowledge Management and Communications to work in Tamale, Ghana.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) will host this job.
The Senior Officer will be in charge of the knowledge management and communications component of the GROWING project, which is an integrated climate-smart, agriculture-nutrition-marketing project aimed at improving the financial and nutritional security of Ghanaian women, youth, and small children.
A significant part of this position’s role is to lead and coordinate all quantitative and qualitative data and reports that are digitally archived in a workspace, and project accomplishments are properly communicated through various communication outlets such as websites (blog stories, briefs, leaflets, training cards/graphics, banners), mainstream media (TV and radio), exhibitions and fairs, social media (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), workshops, Dash All project workers should be trained in digital monitoring and communication strategies by the senior officer.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the GROWING project’s knowledge management and communication strategy.
- Coordination of all monitoring and survey data recording and digital storage in the project Workspace
- Coordination with the other GROWING project officers to guarantee that the required research and development data files and reports are monitored and archived in the project workspace using appropriate digital tools.
- Train research personnel in data administration, file organization, knowledge output preservation, and the use of digital monitoring and training tools.
- Assure that all project personnel regularly back up their data and reports on the project workspace.
- Lead and coordinated the creation of various forms of communication materials, such as blog stories, fact sheets, pamphlets, project briefings, and so on, and upload them to the CIP communication website and project websites.
- Coordination and leadership of the use of various mainstream media (radio debates, TV documentaries, jingles, etc.) and social media (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) to convey project progress and accomplishments
- Ensure that all information and communication outputs developed by the project are available on the Sweetpotato Information Portal and the CIP website, and that a project page on the Portal is updated periodically.
- Create a set of guidelines for entities or consultants assisting in the creation of videos or other communication products, and work with the project manager to ensure that they are followed.
- Collaborate with other partner organizations and team members to investigate new strategies and choices for knowledge management and dissemination. carry out additional related tasks that the supervisor assigns.
Qualifications, experience, knowledge, and skills required:
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology, communication, social sciences, or a related field is required. It is preferable to have a master’s degree.
- In fewer years, four years of experience gathering and managing quantitative data sets and at least two years of professional experience devising and implementing communication and knowledge management strategies or excellent communication results
- Programming abilities in ODK and practical skills in Microsoft software packages (Power BI, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and so on) are required.
- Outstanding data and file management abilities
- Working knowledge of websites, dashboards, and other new media platforms is required.
- Strong and efficient use of social media for project management communications
- A solid understanding of integrated project management principles is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work in diverse and multicultural teams, a proactive approach, and the capacity to solve challenges in novel ways
- Proficient writing and speaking skills in English Knowledge of one of Northern Ghana’s local languages (Dagbani, Gonja, Mampruli, Likpakpa, Chekosi, etc.)
Only Ghana nationals and permanent residents will be considered for this nationally advertised job. IWMI will offer a contract to the winning candidate, with an initial contract duration of two years and a probationary period of six (6) months. The contract may be renewed based on performance and funding availability.
Why should you think about this opportunity?
CIP is a global and reputable international organization with a strong, cutting-edge R&D background CIP is committed to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in developing world root and tuber farming and food systems CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources
How to Apply for this Job Recruitment at International Potato Center (CIP)
Closing Date: 30th December, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED