Job Opportunity at Odyssey Systems
Odyssey Systems is looking for an Epidemiology and Laboratory Services Advisor for the Centers for Global Health (CGH) mission of the CDC. The job is for the International Technical Operational and Support Services (ITOPSS) contract mechanism. The location of this job is in Ghana.
The position depends on whether or not a contract is won.
Among the duties, but not all of them, are:
- In order to meet World Health Organization and national recommendations and policies, it is important to keep an eye on the results of these programs and figure out how well they are working.
- Help ECOWAS and WHO AFRO countries improve their surveillance by giving them focused technical support.
- Assess each MOH/Lab to find out what they can do and what they need, and encourage them to do surveillance for influenza and other respiratory viruses that are important to public health.
- Make an action plan in English, French, or both languages for each country so that the CDC can figure out how to help them in the most effective way.
- Strengthen the technical skills of the MOH by giving each MOH/Lab direct Technical Assistance on both lab and epidemiology issues.
- Together with actors and points of contact in the country, figure out what is needed, find the resources that can meet those needs, and provide support as needed and possible.
- Help and respond to outbreaks in West Africa with the US Government (CDC or USAID), FAO, and WHO/AFRO.
- Confirm that West African, Central African, and other African countries are sending seasonal, avian, and new flu reports to WHO’s Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System (GISRS) and the CDC Atlanta.
- Help the CDC’s Influenza Division with cooperative agreements by giving scientific and/or technical advice.
- Give scientific and/or technical advice and help in making criteria and standards for planning, implementing, and judging influenza proposals or protocols.
- Give technical help to countries in West Africa, Central Africa, and other parts of Africa so they can analyze and interpret data and make abstracts for scientific meetings and manuscripts for publication.
- Translate and type up documents, such as letters, presentations, and training materials, as needed.
- Attend conferences that have been approved by the Integrated Conference Approval Portal (ICAP) and give presentations when needed.
The bare minimum requirements:
- You have to be a US citizen.
- Clearance means being able to get a Secret Clearance
- He has a medical degree and a degree in virology.
- At least five (5) years of experience running health or public health programs.
- Five (5) years) in animals and people with the flu in Africa.
- Ability to work on your own and ask for help and advice when you need to.
- Willingness and the ability to talk with different groups in French and English.
- The French language must have FSI Level 4 (Level 5 is desired)
How to Apply for this Job Opportunity at Odyssey Systems
Closing Date: 28th April 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED