- Company: Ghana FELTP
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
The Ghana FELTP serves as the hub for training Advanced level field epidemiologists in Anglophone West African Countries (with the exception of Nigeria) with its residents and alumni involved in preparedness and response phases of the COVID-19 pandemic in the various countries (Ghana, Guinea Bissau, The Gambia, Liberia and Sierra Leone).
Using the one health approach, the GFELTP program also trains regional and district level staff of the Ghana Health Service, Veterinary Services Division, Food and Drugs Authority and the Environmental Health Services Division at the FETP-Intermediate and FETP-Frontline levels respectively.
As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, residents, alumni and faculty of the GFELTP were mobilized and embedded in the national response structures to support development of SOPs and tools, trainings, POE screening of travellers, contact tracing, case management, field supervision, community sensitization, resource mobilization, enhanced surveillance activities and laboratory testing as well as facility management.
GFELTP is seeking to recruit highly qualified & experienced personnel to support COVID-19 surveillance activities of the Program under the position of field epidemiologists
Work with FETP Resident Advisor (RA) to:
- Perform public health investigations and evaluations
- Perform field investigations including outbreak investigations
- Analyze disease outbreaks
- Review monitoring data (in-process, end-process, LQAS) and propose corrective actions
- Enhance sensitivity and quality of surveillance to detect events.
- Contribute to the constituent implementation of monitoring tools
- Provide support to ensure rapid case investigations
- Create and plan action for potential health crisis
- Communicate and Give presentations on potential threats on health crise
- Master of Public Health (with a concentration in epidemiology), MSc. Epidemiology/Biostatistics and/ or any other relevant qualifications from an Advanced Field Epidemiology Training Program in Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Human Medicine, Nursing, Public/environmental Health, laboratory Science, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine.
Experience and Skills
- At least 3 years of experience working in the field as a practicing field epidemiologist
- Sound knowledge of WHO standards and policies such as the IDSR and IHR.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the functionality of surveillance systems at national, sub national, local and community levels of the health systems in Africa.
- Experience in preparing and facilitating trainings for in – service public health workforce development initiatives in Africa preferably within an existing FETP.
- Strong scientific writing, publication and presentations skills including presentations at national and international scientific conference.
- Experience verifying, analyzing and presenting data.
- Proficiency in the use of the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Additional IT knowledge would be an asset.
- Statistical Packages: Epi Info, Stata or SPSS or SA
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and teams at national and sub national levels.
- Good team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, collaborative, and good listening skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Openness to new ideas and willingness to accept different opinions and feedback
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Patience and sense of humor
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time within the country, sometimes through rough terrain and weather conditions
Method of Application
Closing Date : 8th Sept. 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED