Job Opportunity at Compassion International
This senior paraprofessional helps with complicated accounting support operations such as bank reconciliations, reimbursements, periodic close-out activities, disbursements, financial statement preparation, accounts payable, global roll-ups, and international partner billings. The incumbent may be responsible for general accounting assistance for GMC or remote offices, such as reconciling and recording periodic entries, as well as calculating and processing support and gifts.
The incumbent in this job may undertake some or all of the core responsibilities specified, as well as other relevant duties, depending on the actual work group assigned. This is the highest level of accounting support position, and it frequently coaches and advises other assistants and offices.
- Keeps a close relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a continuous witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a gracious, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people both inside and outside of Compassion, and faithfully prays for Compassion’s ministry.
- Acts as an advocate to increase awareness of children’s issues.
- Recognizes Christ’s mission to safeguard children.
- Commits to and prioritizes child protection issues in all ministry decision-making, tasks, and activities. Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of
- Conduct requires all employees to follow all behavioral expectations. Reports any concerns about child abuse, neglect, or exploitation through Compassion’s internal reporting process and supports proper responses to incidents if they occur.
- Organizes and scans backups, enters transactions, reconciles accounts, completes journal entries, and maintains documentation for the accounting team.
- Investigate and resolve difficult issues such as past due credit card balances, outstanding payments, and anomalies in accounts payables. Responds directly to internal clients, such as employees and management, about finance and accounting difficulties.
- Performs highly skilled bookkeeping duties involving complex calculations for reports and analysis, as well as performing and documenting GAAP research, providing analysis, and responding to inquiries, and assuring compliance with GAAP, organizational policy, and other national and local regulatory requirements. Ensures that key contracts for building leases and other responsibilities are correctly performed.
- As the subject matter expert, you will be in charge of administering and providing training content for the cost management system.
- Oversees the disbursement and/or reconciliation of petty cash, accounts payable, employee credit vehicles, reimbursements, and other similar concerns, ensuring adequate documentation is obtained and the procedure is followed.
- Performs duties such as supervising foreign exchange brokering, entering and tracking vouchers, supervising wire transfers, maintaining a daily cash spreadsheet, an Exchange
- Rate Report spreadsheet, and expense report processing for various finance and accounting teams.
- Leads or participates in project accounting and financial decision-making, ensuring projected expenditures and allocations are met throughout the project life cycle.
- Examines forecast-to-completion and other project status estimates for management reporting, as well as interacts with project leadership on regular project cost reports such as variance and cash flow.
- Coaches and consults with other members of staff and client groups.
Has a personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
Accountable for promoting, upholding, and acting in the basic “Cultural Behaviors” of Compassion in all internal and external communication and relationships.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting
5 years of relevant experience in this or a similar discipline.
How to Apply for this Job Opportunity at Compassion International
Closing Date: 2nd October, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED