iDE Ghana Invites Job Applications
iDE is an international not-for-profit NGO with a unique business approach to poverty eradication. For 36 years around the world—and 10 years in Ghana — iDE has pioneered innovative market-based approaches to improve access to safe water and sanitation and increase agricultural incomes.
iDE Ghana designs to context sustainable social enterprises in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Agriculture. Our unique and collective passion to create new market opportunities is unlocking the potential of local entrepreneurs all over the country. Through innovating affordable products and services for our customers we are making a profound social impact in the communities that we live, love and serve. We currently employ or contract more than 200 people across 41 districts in Ghana.
A social enterprise in WASH is recruiting a Credit and Finance Manager (CFM) to be based in Tamale.
- Team: Water and Sanitation (WASH)
- Job Title: Credit and Finance Manager
- Reports to: Sama Sama Managing Director
- Start Date: 16th July 2022
- Contract End Date: March 2023 (subject to renewal)
- Contract Type: Full Time (Fixed Time)
- Base monthly salary range: GHC 4,000.00 – 5,000.00
- Work location: Tamale with possible day and overnight travels to other business operational areas.
General Job Description
Under the direct supervision of the Sama Sama Managing Director, the Credit & Finance Manager (CFM) produces and delivers meaningful, accurate, actionable, and timely financial analysis to the senior management team. Therefore, The CFM will act as a conduit between customers, iDE operations, and all teams within iDE Ghana’s WASH team producing social enterprise management reports and establishing effective planning and processes for an in- house financing unit. Also, The CFM will be responsible for enhanced customer and economic value through synchronized management of income-generating revenues.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (modifications may be made at any time)
Credit System Management
- To begin with, Maintain a documented system of social enterprise accounting policies, procedures, and process maps.
- Then, Produce monthly, quarterly, annually, and ad hoc financial management reports regarding trends, variances, profitability, and performance measurement.
- Also, Enhance customer profitability (new data feeds, new products, new methodology).
- Moreover, Review business bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of the business throughput.
- More so, Participate in target costing activities to create products that meet predetermined price goals.
- Afterwards, Build interdepartmental relationships, streamline processes and procedures, and communicate new initiatives.
- Finally, Develop an early fraud detection mechanism and fraud prevention controls for implementation to avoid incidents of fraud.
- Liaise with iDE Finance & Operations for continuous engagement on social enterprise financing requirements.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure.
- Work hard to improve systems and processes of company equity and debt financing.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget, graphing, and reporting.
- Report to Sama Sama management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Assist financial modeling in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
Accounts Receivables & Cash Collections Management
- Firstly, Establish appropriate payment channels for Sama Sama customers to make payments.
- Secondly, Manage and report on accounts receivables balances for a specific customer account base.
- Thirdly, Set up robust processes for collections of overdue balances.
- Then, Ensure adherence to payment terms, while limiting bad debt, maximizing sales, and building customer relationships.
- Additionally, Manage relationships with third-party financiers and external collection agencies.
- Also, Support credit teams to review credit portfolios and approvals for new accounts.
- After that, Review incoming requests to ensure that all required information is received.
- Moreover, Follow up with the Credit team on obtaining any missing information.
- Most importantly, Obtain and review available credit reports, third-party/bank references, financials, and other relevant information.
- Last but not least, Approve/deny credit terms and limits, assign appropriate risk codes, and/or follow up with management or Risk Group as applicable.
- Finally, Any other duties within the scope of work that may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a similar field.
- Proven work experience as a credit manager.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software.
- Good understanding of lending procedures.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
How to Apply for this iDE Ghana Job
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, CVs with 2 current referees, relevant educational and NSS certificates to [email protected] on or before 29th June 2022.
In view of the anticipated volume of applications to be received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED