Guinness Ghana Breweries Job Recruitment
ROLE: Shift Brewing Manager
Guinness Ghana Breweries operates from two locations in five drink categories: Stout, Lager, RTD, Non-alcoholic Malt, and Mainstream spirits, as well as Spirits distribution.
In a driven environment, Ghana’s economy is likely to grow at a mid- to high single-digit rate.
Customers and consumers in this region anticipate high-quality items. There is also a growing middle class that is willing to try new products.
GGBPLC is going through a big reform process, focusing on accountability, quality maintenance standards, supply planning, cost reduction, and efficiency. GGBPLC will develop its personnel and create an atmosphere that attracts and maintains the best people in accordance with its objectives.
As the Supply function, we will produce high-quality items in a safe environment, on time and on budget, with no faults.
To meet standards, the role holder must establish, support, and implement particular plans.
Purpose of Role
The Shift Brewing Manager is responsible for the brewing core important KPIs, as well as the efficient and successful performance of the brewing shift operations and the brewing shift team.
The Brewing Shift Manager is responsible for meeting the brewing operations’ OEE, Extract loss, IPQI, and Technical Flavour Score targets in an efficient manner.
The incumbent is also in charge of establishing Manufacturing Management Systems (MMS) in a safe and healthy working environment.
As the frontline manager, the shift brewing manager must be familiar with human resource policies, particularly those pertaining to disciplinary and grievance procedures, in order to establish and retain a highly motivated staff.
- Observe occupational health and safety regulations. Declare and communicate frequently that safety is our top priority. Be a visible ambassador for safety by always behaving safely and always questioning the unsafe practices and behavior of others, reprimanding where warranted.
- Follow all site safety guidelines as well as system and equipment operational procedures. Own and drive the Excellence in Supply Chain (EISC) agenda in Brewing and ensure 100% compliance with PPCRS tools such as SICs, walkabouts, and leading shift-based teams (SBT) and daily/weekly Brewing Tier 2 meetings.
- Report daily process metrics to improve process control for >98% IPQI and 100% adherence to Codex standards, as well as take and drive steps to address variability in the manufacturing process.
- Examine departmental microbiological regimes, particularly CIP adherence, to ensure a >98% Micro score.
- Own and direct specialized brewing processes and activities such as yeast propagation and new product development, innovations, or testing.
- Participate in the Site Taste Panel, taking and owning activities to address off flavors in the end product in order to achieve > 8.5 Taste Scores.
- Manage variable costs to 95% of budget, brewhouse OEE to more than 92%, and process waste to 4.0%.
- Improve the essential abilities of operators and technicians in order to multi-skill them.
- Interact with other departmental managers (as needed) to ensure that target volumes are met with the highest quality, on time, and at the lowest possible cost.
- During your shift, you will be in charge of the brewing department.
Internal: Plant Manager, Brewing Manager, Packaging Manager, ESM, QAM, Logistic Manager, Human Resources Manager, Diageo Support Teams
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A BSc degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science/Technology, Process Engineering, or Chemical Engineering is required, as well as three years of experience in the food and beverage business.
- Computer literacy and resource management abilities
- People management and motivational abilities
- Networking/influence/communication abilities
- Understanding of Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS)
Role Success Obstacles
- Inability to connect with others and form positive relationships.
- Lack of grasp of the business’s commercial and demand agenda
- Inability to display essential leadership characteristics
- The use of offensive language.
- Inability to successfully manage people
How to Apply for this Guinness Ghana Breweries Job
Closing Date: 22nd November, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED