Financial Reporting Officer at Standard Chartered Bank
The Duties of the Role
- To help the Head of Financial and Regulatory Reporting by collecting data on regulatory returns quickly and making sure the data is complete.
- To make sure that local regulatory and group reporting is correct and done on time.
- To work with business units and regulatory bodies on all Regulatory Returns-related issues
- To help the Head of Financial and Regulatory Reporting make sure that accounting practices are in line with the rules in the Group Financial Control Manual and Local Regulatory Manual.
- Getting regulatory reports ready for the BOG, SEC, and GRA
- Help the Head of Financial and Regulatory Reporting follow up on issues related to regulations and audits.
- Making the P&L and Balance Sheets at the end of the month and attaching all supporting documents.
- Check the balances of the Bank of Ghana and Nostro accounts every month.
- Do a detailed review of the lines on the balance sheet and bring any problems to the attention of the Head of Financial and Regulatory Reporting.
- Any other jobs that the Head of Financial and Regulatory Reporting/Financial Controller and CFO of Regulatory and Business Conduct may assign.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Follow the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct and act in a good way.
- Take personal responsibility for making sure that everyone at Standard Chartered Bank follows the highest standards of ethics, both in terms of regulations and business conduct. This includes knowing and making sure that all laws, rules, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct are followed, both in letter and in spirit.
- Lead the [country, business unit, function, or team] to reach the goals set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, and The Right Environment.
- Effectively and together find, escalate, reduce, and solve issues related to risk, conduct, and compliance.
- First Degree from a well-known school
- Professional qualifications in accounting and finance, such as ACCA or ACA, and at least five years of work experience in a financial institution’s regulatory and financial reporting department.
- Learn about the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and how they affect the way a bank reports its finances.
- Good working knowledge of the Group’s accounting practices and local regulatory requirements, as well as all-around banking experience.
- To get data out of the system and process it, you need to know how Accounting and Banking systems work.
- Understanding the GL accounts is important for figuring out if the trend of an account is strange and needs immediate attention from management.
- When dealing with both internal and external customers, you need to have good communication and people skills.
- Ability to work long hours in a busy, hard environment in order to meet deadlines.
- For processing data in different packages, you need to know a lot about computers.
Role Specific Competencies
- General Ledger Analysis
- Business communication
- Financial Analysis
About Standard Chartered
We are an international bank that can move quickly and make a big difference. We’ve been trying to help our clients, our communities, and each other for more than 160 years. We always ask why things are the way they are, love a challenge, and love finding new ways to grow and do better than before.
We want to hear from you if you want a job with a purpose and want to work for a bank that makes a difference. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see what kind of skills you have.
How to Apply for this Financial Reporting Officer at Standard Chartered Bank
Deadline: February 7, 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job Opportunities
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED