Exciting Career Opportunity at MEDA
POSITION: Field Enumerator
MEDA’s work is founded on Mennonite business traditions and faith-based ideals, all within the global context of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We believe that business solutions are effective poverty-reduction approaches. MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships. MEDA welcomes everyone who shares our beliefs and wants to be a part of our mission. Please visit our website at www.meda.org to learn more about MEDA.
Global Affairs Canada (GAC) is funding the Greater Rural Opportunity for Women 2 (GROW2) Project, which the Mennonite Economic Development Association (MEDA) is currently working on to develop solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic’s challenges to food security. The project is building on the momentum created by the GAC-funded GROW project (2012–2019) to reach a total of 40,000 smallholder women farmers and entrepreneurs, including strengthening the sustainability of results achieved by the GROW Project’s 23,368 women farmers and entrepreneurs.
Through increased agricultural productivity, an improved business environment, and increased gender equality in families, communities, and selected value chains (soybeans, groundnuts, vegetables (dry season farming), the project will increase the economic and social empowerment of women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in northern Ghana. The project will also increase access to labor-saving, climate-smart technology, low-cost inputs, essential business development services, and strategic alliances among chosen value chain actors. Furthermore, the GROW2 Project will strengthen local organization’s ability to deliver critical services such as agricultural and market information, as well as foster a healthy and financially sustainable ecosystem of informed entrepreneurs.
Furthermore, the Project will continue to promote sound agricultural and nutritional practices to maintain year-round food security, as well as community-based involvement in crucial problems for women’s economic empowerment, such as manageable workloads and reduced gender-based violence. The Project will be implemented in districts throughout the Upper West, Northern, and Savannah regions.
MEDA will collect activity-level data and perform annual surveys in January and February 2024. As a result, we strive to hire highly experienced and motivated field enumerators. An enumerator is often in charge of administering the survey questionnaire using an Assisted Personal Interview (CAPI). The enumerators will work in Ghana’s three northern regions (Northern, Savanna, and Upper West). This project is expected to last fourteen (14) days, with the option of being extended to twenty-four (24) days.
- Take part in the whole program, including the pretesting exercise.
- Conduct data collection by distributing questionnaires to the research population; Take responsibility for and ensure the accuracy of each survey questionnaire distributed.
- Report daily activity logs to central servers.
- Discuss all difficulties encountered during fieldwork with supervisors as soon as possible.
- Inform supervisors of any observations in detail and follow up on their suggestions; and
- Participate in all field debriefing activities that are arranged.
Required Qualifications or Experience
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university is required.
- Previous experience collecting data utilizing tablet technology.
- Experience conducting field surveys, particularly in GROW districts.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Dagbani, Gonja, Likpapka, Daagari, Sisali, or Waale.
- Play well with others.
- Availability and commitment for the duration of the survey.
- The ability to work autonomously and with little supervision.
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at MEDA
Interested individuals should send their applications, including a curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and copies of credentials, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of January 25, 2024.
Candidates who are female are strongly encouraged to apply.
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED