Job Vacancy for Nutrition & GESI Officer at MEDA Ghana
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a Nutrition & GESI Officer to join our dedicated and talented team in Ghana on our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The Greater Rural for Opportunities for Women 2 (GROW2) project is a women-focused project driven by a strong market system approach that fully integrates Gender Equality, Human Rights, Environmental Sustainability, Nutrition, and Innovation in its implementation. The Project will increase the economic and social empowerment of women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in the Northern, Savannah, and Upper West Regions of Ghana through increased productivity, and an improved business environment.
The Nutrition & GESI Officer supports the development and integration of gender and nutrition elements across the GROW2 Project, providing capacity building, promoting best practices in the areas of nutrition and gender, and contributing to the overall management of the GROW2 project. The position holder works closely with the Key Facilitating Partners (KFPs), women smallholder farmers, and others in the implementation of nutrition and GESI interventions. This role is instrumental in creating a culture of respectful dialogue and effective workaround gender equality and household nutrition. This position will involve frequent travel to project locations within the Northern, Savannah, and Upper West Regions.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
- Location: Tamale, Ghana
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the gender and nutrition issues of GROW2’s Project clients including national policy development, key players in government, INGOs, LNGOs, and national/regional and local civil society organizations.
- Participate in the development of training manuals, tools, procedures, and materials in gender and nutrition.
- Work with the GESI Manager and GESI technical team to organize and conduct training on best practices and innovations in gender and nutrition.
- Provide technical support to field staff of Key Facilitating Partners to ensure effective gender and social inclusion as well as nutrition messaging.
- Contribute to GROW2 reporting and sharing of knowledge, information, best practices, and lessons learned on gender and nutrition for internal and external use Support in Organizing and facilitating workshops/training to share information/learning
- Support in developing detailed work plans to ensure that gender and nutrition are mainstreamed in GROW2 project activities.
- Ensure accountability to project clients, partners, colleagues, and donors by providing ongoing feedback in a context of mutual respect.
- Ensure that activities are implemented in compliance with the requirements of the donor and with best practices.
- Participate in MEDA GESI Community of Practice (CoP) meetings.
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: Degree in a related field
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in programming designed to assist women to improve on gender equality and social exclusion metrics as well as the nutritional and economic situation of women
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s Mission vision and values.
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development, and MEDA’s approach to creating business solutions to poverty.
- Knowledge of gender and nutrition-related issues in Ghana as they relate to value chain development and entrepreneurship.
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize stakeholders into partnerships and alliances, and coordinate and facilitate collaborative processes around issues of gender and nutrition.
- Experience in providing capacity building and training to colleagues and project partners on gender equality and nutrition issues.
- Fluency in English and any major local language in Northern, Savanna, or Upper West regions is an added advantage.
How to Apply for Nutrition & GESI Officer at MEDA Ghana
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, June 6, 2022 5:00pm GMT.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis when received. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring such accommodation make their needs known in advance.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED