Exciting Career Opportunity at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. To meet the needs of our rapidly expanding portfolio in Ghana, we seek a qualified candidate for the following position on our USAID: Accelerating Social and Behavior Change (ASBC) project in Ghana.
The Grants Officer will provide grants and financial management support for the USAID-funded Accelerating Social and Behavior Change project at the FHI-360 country office. The Accelerating Social and Behavior Change project will work with Ghana Health Service/Health Promotion Division, District Health Management Teams, Community Health Management teams, local non-governmental organizations, community organizations, USAID and others, etc. to achieve accelerate the uptake and performance of key health behaviors such as malaria, maternal and child health (MNCH), nutrition, water and sanitation (WASH), and family planning( FP) and reproductive health (RH) nationally and in targeted districts in northern Ghana.
- Provide support for all project sub awards and subcontract mechanisms/instruments including related financial management and regulatory compliance issues. Takes an initiative and action to quickly process, issue and monitoring of a large portfolio of sub awards and subcontracts totally $2-3 USD million per year.
- Provide technical assistance support and guidance to project sub awardees and sub-contractors on grant management, compliance, sub award/sub-contract administrative and financial management, budget development, scope of work formulation and reporting to ensure subs are managing their grant and executing according to the agreed upon scope of work.
- Oversee the timely completion and accuracy of monthly grant management reports and sub award/sub-contract tracking. This includes the receipt of deliverables, expenditure pipeline analysis, compliance, and other reports for submission to FHI 360 headquarters and funding agencies.
- Support the accounting, management and reporting of cost share and ensures that FHI 360 achieves the results of which it is responsible for under the donor agreement.
- Support the maintenance of adequate financial, managerial and administrative grants management resources in-country to support monthly program operations and subproject reimbursements.
- Support sub awardee/subcontractor project budgets, accounting, and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively and compliantly. Must take the initiative to correct problems and resolve issues quickly and effectively in accordance with FHI360 grant management procedures.
- Support compliant pre-award audit of new implementation agencies and sub project budget development.
- Supports efforts in providing guidance, instruction and support to implementation partners in the formulation of their grants/contracts to ensure skills and competencies in grant management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in grants and contract financial management and administration, preferably in a multi-partner/donor context.
- Significant, demonstrated experience in managing donor funds.
- Working knowledge of USAID award and financial management policies, procedures and practices.
- Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system and high-degree of competency in MS Excel and other accounting packages.
- Experience working with the Ghana Health Service strongly desired.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED