Exciting Career Opportunity at ACDI/VOCA
ACDI/VOCA has been empowering individuals in developing and transitional countries to prosper in the global economy since 1963 and in 146 countries. ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization based in Washington, D.C. that provides technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and a vibrant civil society.
Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity (MSR), financed by USAID, is a five-year, $35.9 million follow-up project to USAID/Ghana ADVANCE II. The MSR Activity began in April 2022 and builds on more than a decade of experience connecting smallholders to markets, inputs, and services in Ghana. The Activity will improve the rural entrepreneurship ecosystem to enable greater market participation, particularly for women and youth, expand the availability of agribusiness services, and link targeted policy initiatives to improved local economic governance. These actions will lead to more competitive, stronger, and resilient markets, resulting in more inclusive agriculture-led economic growth in northern Ghana.
ACDI/VOCA is recruiting experienced and skilled workers for the PR and communications Specialist role in accordance with its mission. The post will be situated in Tamale and will report to the Director of MEL/CLA as well as the Chief of Party (COP). The Public Relations and Communications Specialist will ensure that the MSR Activity follows the official USAID Branding and Marking Plan, as well as all ACDI/VOCA branding and communications requirements, including internal guidelines shared by the Activity’s components and divisions. The job also coordinates the creation, preparation, and distribution of original content for bi-weekly/monthly bulletins, press releases, the website, social media, newsletters, and any other channels relevant to the Activity (including the community of practice). The PR & Communications Specialist will also work with the media to ensure that MSR public activities are accurately covered and reported on.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL
- Develop and implement MSR activity communications and knowledge management strategies aimed at internal and external stakeholders and audiences.
- Develop and maintain the activity’s online communications, collaboration, and knowledge management systems.
- Work with other MSR technical staff and subcontractors to make and carry out a plan for research uptake. This can be done by talking to researchers and turning their work into useful products like policy briefs, presentations, original audiovisual presentations, and more.
- Ensure high quality graphics/photography for all MSR promotional and communications products in coordination with other MSR administrative and technical staff, and monitor and manage the relationship with contracted graphic/visual designers.
- Create tools and provide assistance to business and public sector partners to better communicate priorities, plans, and results.
- As needed, provide technical writing and copyediting assistance on reports and other publications, as well as any related communications and knowledge management initiatives.
- Develop and routinely update relevant knowledge-sharing platforms (e.g., e-news updates, A/V apps for agricultural extension services, SHFs, etc.) to share knowledge and lessons learned among the team and key stakeholders.
- To ensure synergies and complementarity, coordinate with appropriate GOG, private sector, NGO, civil society, and collegiate USAID initiatives.
- Encourage the gathering, analysis, documenting, dissemination, and use of best practices and lessons learned.
- Ensure that all communications deliverables, including the communications component of semi-annual and annual reports, are completed on time.
- Maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders to ensure effective program coordination, collaboration, and dissemination.
Required Qualifications or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is necessary in Knowledge Management, Communications, Media, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Library Science, or a related technical subject.
- At least five (5) years of project-level management experience in one or more of the following areas: communications, knowledge management, and/or facilitating or leading a professional community of practice, communications program, and/or ACDI/VOCA production unit.
- Experience supporting, coordinating, and/or managing technical project reporting, including weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- The capacity to write in English simply, concisely, and successfully, as proven by work samples.
- Knowledge and expertise in implementing the Communication standards and requirements of USAID or a similarly funded entity.
- More than five years of project management expertise in communications and/or community practice management
- Extensive understanding of creating and administering knowledge management platforms and systems.
- Experience explaining academic work to non-technical audiences, including scientific and/or applied research.
- Experience with research adoption and policy translation.
- If you have experience in international development, public policy, or the MSR Activity’s technical area of focus, such as innovation, entrepreneurship, climate-smart, and regenerative agriculture, challenges to women’s and youth inclusion in all areas of the agricultural and financial sectors, and you have worked with national and regional research institutions before, that is a plus.
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at ACDI/VOCA
Please send your application (in one PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 10, 2023.
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED