Entomologists/Research Assistants at Arthropod Vector Biology Research Labs
The Arthropod Vector Biology Research Group, a research group based in Ghana, with interest in vector-borne disease research and control, seeks a qualified candidate to work as Entomologists/Research Assistants to support the group’s research.
A brief description and qualification requirements for the position is listed below:
Performs specialized technical work assisting with mosquito surveillance activities, mosquito identification, insecticide efficacy and residual life testing, and data/record keeping. Works directly under the supervision of the Entomological Project Coordinator/Vector Biologist. It is expected that the candidate relocates to the field operations site in Tamale and remain there for the duration of the project.
Employment type: Full-time
Duration: 10 months (Fixed Term Contract)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct field studies and laboratory research projects in relation to research protocols.
- Ensure that all data from all field data collection activities are recorded on data entry forms, perform mosquito identifications, and undertake data analysis and prepare progress reports.
- Support his/her supervisor and the collaborators with projects relating to the research.
- Work closely with projects staff, field technicians and other research assistants assigned to the research.
- Perform other project related duties assigned to him by his/her supervisor
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Entomology, Biology, Biological Science or other relevant field.
- At least one (1) year of relevant experience in the implementation of vector control and entomological monitoring activities.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Experience with malaria entomology/applied entomology research methods for laboratory and field studies.
- Experience with most or all of the following techniques is preferred:
- ELISA and biochemical assays
- PCR and qPCR
- Operation of liquid handling systems
- Working knowledge of the following computer software programs: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How To Apply for Entomologists/Research Assistants at Arthropod Vector Biology Research Labs
- All candidates should send applications materials (i.e. Cover letter and Current curriculum vitae) to: [email protected] with the position title in the subject line of the email.
- CVs should have contact information of at least 2 references we can contact (must include email addresses and phone numbers).
- Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered
Closing Date: 10 June, 2022.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE