Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for United Nations Job Recruitment For Training Officer.
Job Code Title: TRAINING OFFICER
Duty Station: MULTIPLE
Under the supervision of the Chief, Mobile Medical Training Team (MMTT), the incumbent will participate, as a member, of MMTT missions, and provide training to DSS Chief Security Advisers (CSA), Security Advisers (SA), Field Security Coordination Officers (FSCO); Agency, Fund and Program Field Security Officer/Field Safety Advisers (FSO/FSA); Department of Peacekeeping Operations Chief Security Officers (CSO), Mission Security Officers (MSO) and Safety and Security Service (SSS) Security Officers (SO). In addition, will develop appropriate training related to crisis response, specifically for mass casualty planning and medical evacuations, and present this training to Designated Officials (DO) and Security Management Teams (SMT), and wil develop appropriate basic first aid related training for all staff at a large, system wide The incumbent will assess scheduled training to ensure it is conducted in accordance with the annual UNDSS training schedule; provide appropriate medical training to members of the UN Security Management System and staff at large; prepare and disseminate announcements for all MMTT training courses; organize and coordinate all venue, logistics and administrative requirements for all MMTTs; ensure that all agencies, funds, programs and organizations of the UN system are invited to
participate, as appropriate; review certification procedures for participants and ensure
that appropriate standards are met in completion of all courses; participate in reviewing
and preparing dynamic training for all UNDSS Programs of Instruction (POI) using
current training materials, practical applications, guide books, and approved training
methodologies; organize, plan and maintain inventory of training materials involved in
MMTTs, ensure that all appropriate learning materials are employed in all courses
presented; perform as an instructor on all MMTT missions; prepare training reports for
all courses, in accordance with established procedures, including appropriate
recommendations to enhance emergency medical related training; participate in
developing and presenting this training in response to emergency crisis situations,
attend meetings and conduct training inspections, as required. Provide medical
planning advice, guidance and support to Designated Officials, Security Management
Teams, agencies, funds, programs and organizations of the UN; act as a resource person
and participate as instructor for medical training presented by the agencies, funds,
programs and organizations of the UN upon request; develop and conduct training
needs assessments and identify areas for change or modification; participate in the
development of coordinated inter-agency medical training strategies and policies for an
efficient and effective UN training program. Perform other assignments and training
functions, as required.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of UN medical and security management policy, and field
medical procedures and techniques related to emergency trauma, mass casualty and
medical emergency response.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Knowledge in crisis medical planning. Planning and Organizing: Ability to
establish priorities and to plan, organize, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
- Communication: Good drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and
written. Technological Awareness: keeps abreast of available technology
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in medical-related field
(i.e., nursing or medical management), political or social science, business administration, or international relations.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Current certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B), qualified provider and instructor in Medicine in Remote Areas (MIRA), certified as an instructor in Basic Life Support (BLS), Automatic Electronic Deliberator (AED), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Healthcare Provider CPR and American Red Cross CPR/First-Aid Instructor are required.
- Completion of the DSS Security Certification Program is desirable.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in security management at the
international level, of which at least two years of formal experience in developing and
presenting Emergency Trauma, Basic First Aid and Mass Casualty response training is
- Experience as a trainer in the UN is desirable.
- English and French are the two official working languages of the United Nations.
- For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to
participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and
subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter 3, article 8).
This is an online recruitment process, applications are pre-screened by the system according to the published requirements of the job opening on the basis of the information provided in the application. In relation to the requirements of the job opening, applicants must provide information pertaining to their qualifications, including their education, and work experience. Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications may render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening
Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subjected to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application. Interested and
qualified applicants should send their detailed Resumes/Cvs to [email protected] on or before 31st of May 2020.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED